First time using Yogurt powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Latest batch. First time using yogurt powder. I added 1.5 Tablespoons Yogurt powder to 800g of oils before I added lye solution. CPOP’d and then let it sit in mold for 36 hours or so. Is the yogurt powder the reason it has such a matte/rough feel to it. I am not liking the feel of the soap so wondering if it is because of the yogurt powder. Has anyone else out there used yogurt or other milk powders before? Is this a common thing that happens when using milk powders?

Attachments

• E3B3507E-B9A8-419F-8E41-66014E8958AB.jpeg
    E3B3507E-B9A8-419F-8E41-66014E8958AB.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 23
I have had that happen when the powder didn't get mixed in well enough with the oils. You can try rehydrating it first with a bit of liquid, or just make sure to blend it really, really well straight into the oils.

I use goats milk powder in my main recipe and what I have to do is whisk it thoroughly into my melted but cooling oils

I put it in the oils and stick blended for what I thought was quite awhile but I guess not. Now it has little white specks all over the place so I assume I did not mix it in enough. I think if I use it again I will rehydrate it and use some water from lye solution.

I put it in the oils and stick blended for what I thought was quite awhile but I guess not. Now it has little white specks all over the place so I assume I did not mix it in enough. I think if I use it again I will rehydrate it and use some water from lye solution.
Yes, the first few times I used GM powder, I had white specks or streaks. Now I SB it at least two different times into the cooling oils - sometimes three. It definitely took lots more blending that what I thought, or what it appeared to need from a visual check. But since I started doing multiple blends as the oils were cooling, or I have hydrated it into the fragrance first, I haven't had any problems since. Let us know how it works the next time you try it out.

¹
Yes, the first few times I used GM powder, I had white specks or streaks. Now I SB it at least two different times into the cooling oils - sometimes three. It definitely took lots more blending that what I thought, or what it appeared to need from a visual check. But since I started doing multiple blends as the oils were cooling, or I have hydrated it into the fragrance first, I haven't had any problems since. Let us know how it works the next time you try it out.
I am probably jinxing myself but what brand of gmp are you using? Just bc I've had no streaks yet( knocks on wood)

I have never had a problem mixing gmp into my oils. I dump it in stick blend and done. I find it so much easier to mix milk powders into warm oil than try to rehydrate it in my liquids. But If you having trouble with your CMP especially if it is Lowfat powder mix it into some reserved water to make a slurry then dump it into your oils and stick blend it in.

Latest posts

Back