First Time Using Micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet_21

Reaction score
And it turned out pretty well!

I received a mica sample in my WSP order, and I had to do something with it. So I set off to do some light pink swirls in a white base... Well, that's what I wanted to happen!

The base batter reached a light trace much quicker than I expected (of course that's what happens when you use different oils)! So I quickly separated the batter into two cups and proceeded to stick blend the mica mixture in. Well I stick blended too much, so I had a medium trace. I now had to pour/plop the color in the mold. The result were some uneven layers! It's not exactly what I wanted, but it is a lot better than I could have gotten! Plus, soap is soap.

I also CPOPed this batch (my first time doing that), and it was ready to unmold and cut in 18 hours! I was a little worried that it would overheat from the sugar I included, but nothing funky happened, so I think I'm in the clear! :D

Soap Loaf.jpg

Soap Slice 1.jpg

Soap Slice 2.jpg

I really like the wispy trails effect of the pink into the white.
Me too! I wish I could recreate them in the future!

For a batch that didn't turn out as planned, I think it's really pretty. With thicker batter, you could always try a spoon swirl. That method works really well with thicker batter, and it's pretty easy to do. If severely swirl challenged me can manage it, it's got to be pretty easy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=7CepZH1ZWmg
Thank you! After I popped it in the oven, I realized that I could've done something else with the colors, but decided to leave it be. I'll definitely be keeping the spoon swirl in my soaper's tool belt! :D

Back