First time using melt and pour and I had a question about setting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theplasticfantasty

Reaction score
I'm making melt and pour embeds for a CP soap, and I'm using a tiny star mold (specifically this one). The mold's circumference is about the size of a penny's, if not slightly smaller. I'm making multiple bars in different colors but I only have one mold; can I put it in the freezer to set quickly or do I need to leave it for a few hours at room temperature? I'd prefer it not to take a few days to make four colors, so if I can pop it in the freezer that would be great!

Just to clarify are you making CP soap or Melt-and-pour?

I am new here and I am just beginning with melt and pour but I thought I could give some tips. If you are doing Melt-and-pour I do not recommend putting the soap in a freezer to set. Since melt and pour soap has glycerin in it, putting it in the freezer can cause it to sweat giving the soap a bubbly/grainy kinda look. I do not think you will have to wait very long for the soap to set, as melt and pour is very quick to set compared to cold process.

I hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back