First time silk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20220228_182057.jpg
20220228_180211.jpg
Colored with uncolored and cappucino (brown) mica. For essential oil people: RUN -- do not walk -- and get out equal parts rosemary, lavender, and peppermint and give thanks to @Misschief 's suggestion. I would have never put those scents together -- but it is truly awesome! I also used silk for the first time, can't wait to test it.

I am really pleased at how this turned out. I was hoping for thicker streaks of the brown -- let me know if you have suggestions. I poured at thin trace and used gear ties and wire hangers.

It's been awhile since I've done an uncolored portion. I was surprised at how white it is -- clearly I can go easy on the titanium dioxide!

View attachment 64881View attachment 64880
Colored with uncolored and cappucino (brown) mica. For essential oil people: RUN -- do not walk -- and get out equal parts rosemary, lavender, and peppermint and give thanks to @Misschief 's suggestion. I would have never put those scents together -- but it is truly awesome! I also used silk for the first time, can't wait to test it.

I am really pleased at how this turned out. I was hoping for thicker streaks of the brown -- let me know if you have suggestions. I poured at thin trace and used gear ties and wire hangers.

It's been awhile since I've done an uncolored portion. I was surprised at how white it is -- clearly I can go easy on the titanium dioxide!
I love how the wisps radiate from the brown, vs white pulling into the brown as well. Really lovely and it sounds like it smells amazing! I’ve never considered adding silk, assume it was tussah silk? Let us know what you think.
Edit spelling

Back