First Swirl Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are the oils I have, and this is my first attempt at doing a hanger swirl. Any suggestions, or feedback? I’ve been reading all the posts.
2F6D2C65-A319-4772-A80C-E225F515E910.png

Also, planning to add these EO, at emulsion? Separate batter, whisk in the clay colorant and indigo colorant that I have dispersed in a small amount of the liquid oils from the recipe, into the separated batter. Does that sound about right?

Attachments

• FADFC9D3-4B3C-4CD0-A1A9-6F96A8D504E8.png
    FADFC9D3-4B3C-4CD0-A1A9-6F96A8D504E8.png
    639 KB · Views: 4
That much castor might make your soap sticky/tacky. I think in one recipe I used 7% and that felt like too much - I don't use above 5% now. Also, castor accelerates trace so you might not want to use as much of it for a recipe if you're planning to do a lot of swirls. I've never used it but I think tallow is also meant to accelerate trace.

Good luck!

That much castor might make your soap sticky/tacky. I think in one recipe I used 7% and that felt like too much - I don't use above 5% now. Also, castor accelerates trace so you might not want to use as much of it for a recipe if you're planning to do a lot of swirls. I've never used it but I think tallow is also meant to accelerate trace.

Good luck!
Castor oil is more optional than tallow for me, based on what oils I have.

Back