First successful swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drchurchillsoaps

Reaction score
We have made a few attempts that all included errors. While these bars aren’t perfect, they are our first batch that went very smooth without seizing and plenty of work time. Wife and I had a lot of fun with this batch. New soap cutter is much nicer than individual slicing! Not happy with the tequila sunrise color from mad micas. Looks very different in bag. Experimental stages with colors but that is very dull but looks like a vibrant bright orange in sample bag. Most other colors from there I have enjoyed.

Attachments

• 2BCDBDA7-AF25-4C0D-9515-850D2E00F97B.jpeg
    2BCDBDA7-AF25-4C0D-9515-850D2E00F97B.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 42
  • D0ED8B97-2980-49C8-9AD2-6925ED9AAE16.jpeg
    D0ED8B97-2980-49C8-9AD2-6925ED9AAE16.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 43
  • B686BD15-D4CF-4063-8171-65BA0944E675.jpeg
    B686BD15-D4CF-4063-8171-65BA0944E675.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 32
Not happy with the tequila sunrise color from mad micas. Looks very different in bag. Experimental stages with colors but that is very dull but looks like a vibrant bright orange in sample bag. Most other colors from there I have enjoyed.
These look great! Did you apply any additional heat to these? I do find that many colors are very different depending on whether the soap was gelled, and whether it was a mild gel or a more intense one, for lack of better description. Even though most of my soaps gel completely on their own with no added heat, and definitely after just one hour on the heating pad, I get more vibrant colors if I leave the soaps on the heating pad on high for at least 3 hours.

I'm sorry your Tequila Sunrise mica didn't turn out as true to shade as expected. I have not tried that particular color, or even many of them from Mad Micas, so cannot comment on your particular experience. But for a really bright orange that pops like you see in the drink, I think you'd probably get better results with a neon.

Might I suggest one of the neons. Mad Micas (Flotation Device), Brambleberry (Tangerine Wow!), Nurture Soap (Florescent Neon Orange), for example. I have used BB's Tangerine Wow and it's really quite bright. I think Step @ Micas & More used to carry an orange neon that I used in the past, but it looks like most of her neons are not in stock now, and I don't know if she will be carrying them again soon.

Latest posts

Back