First Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necoleb

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and posted these pictures in my introduction thread... since they were moved over here, I figured I should explain them again!

Although I am fairly new to soaping, I have about a dozen cold process soap batches done. I feel fairly confident in the process and even created some recipes. I made a charcoal facial bar that actually has completely changed my skin from red and dry to even toned and moisturized. I am completely thrilled!
I decided to try a hot process recipe, and see how I liked HP. I didn't choose my recipe very carefully, and ended up using a recipe I had to alter (out of sweet almond!). I had a scary 20 minutes or so when my oils completely separated out and did not reincorperate with out a good stick blending.
Luckily, in the end it turned out ok...

I am actually really pleased with the end result. I really thought it would have a more uneven texture .
... and I wish I could tell you why the pictures are changing directions... but I am just going with it

20151203_125121.jpg

20151203_134627.jpg

Last edited:
Buttermilk
Pumpkin puree
-
Olive oil
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Palm oil
Grapeseed oil
Sunflower oil
-
Pumpkin souffle fragrance

That is some nice creamy looking soap!
For what it's worth, I don't think it was your oil substitution that caused your batter to separate. Every single time I make HP with buttermilk, it separates severely and then comes back together. It doesn't matter what oils I use - it's the buttermilk.

Good to know! It is funny, as I was making the lye solution, I thought to myself "why the heck did I think it was a good idea to try my first hot process with buttermilk?!"

Latest posts

Back