First soaps in 18 months

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
So I’ve not made soap in 18 months due to needing to focus on my chartered accountancy qualification but I’m done with that now so get my life back

I entered the Soap Challenge ran by Amy Walden (and the one on here but sadly didn’t have time for this one as I was at the Radio 1 Big Weekend all weekend just gone).

First pics are my first attempt at the pull/pour through method and the others are my second attempt and were my entry. Results aren’t yet in so I can’t tell you how I did yet.

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

57972195604__E9210712-F53F-4B9A-AFF1-67C3C767B5D2.JPG

I modified my pull through tool and changed my colour palette

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Blog showing the full process: https://bubblesnsqueaksoap2.wordpress.com

Last edited:
So I’ve not made soap in 18 months due to needing to focus on my chartered accountancy qualification but I’m done with that now so get my life back

I entered the Soap Challenge ran by Amy Walden (and the one on here but sadly didn’t have time for this one as I was at the Radio 1 Big Weekend all weekend just gone).

First pics are my first attempt at the pull/pour through method and the others are my second attempt and were my entry. Results aren’t yet in so I can’t tell you how I did yet.

View attachment 39386
View attachment 39387
View attachment 39388

View attachment 39389
View attachment 39390
View attachment 39391
View attachment 39392
View attachment 39393

Wowsa! That's AMAZING! I love it!

View attachment 39386
View attachment 39387
View attachment 39388

View attachment 39389
View attachment 39390
View attachment 39391
View attachment 39392
View attachment 39393

Yes, I saw your entry and in fact, voted for it. I love your design! Well done.

The tool you created is super cool. I was very curious where you found that nicely pliable coated wire and what gauge it is. Would you care to share? I was looking at something like this as a possibility (there is a store in my town, which makes it convenient.) I'd love to try something similar if I can find something more sturdy than the tool I used for mine. A mesh bag may be 'sort of free', but it certainly has no stability.

Once again, fabulous design!

ETA: I went back and re-read your blog post more carefully and see that is garden wire, which I am sure would work better than what I was looking at. I hope you don't mind if I someday try something similar. I am sure I will never end up with soap as gorgeous as yours, but I'd sure love to give it a go.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw your entry and in fact, voted for it. I love your design! Well done.

The tool you created is super cool. I was very curious where you found that nicely pliable coated wire and what gauge it is. Would you care to share? I was looking at something like this as a possibility (there is a store in my town, which makes it convenient.) I'd love to try something similar if I can find something more sturdy than the tool I used for mine. A mesh bag may be 'sort of free', but it certainly has no stability.

Once again, fabulous design!

ETA: I went back and re-read your blog post more carefully and see that is garden wire, which I am sure would work better than what I was looking at. I hope you don't mind if I someday try something similar. I am sure I will never end up with soap as gorgeous as yours, but I'd sure love to give it a go.

I look forward to seeing your finished soap and of course I don’t mind - I love seeing other people’s interpretations/versions using the same method.

The thing with garden wire is the possibilities are endless - I will definitely be having another go soon

Your first batch came out looking like beautiful antique marbled paper. Definitely thumbs up. Your second batch leaves me breathless. Amazing.

Your entry had my vote too. It is just stunning! I have been wondering what kind of glue you used to hold everything together that stood up to the lye. 18 months not making soap and then you create this! Nice to see your work again Sonya!

Your entry had my vote too. It is just stunning! I have been wondering what kind of glue you used to hold everything together that stood up to the lye. 18 months not making soap and then you create this! Nice to see your work again Sonya!

Aw thanks Marty! I used superglue. I had no idea if it would hold up but decided if anything stood a chance it was that!! It’s still totally intact too so plan to do some more with it. I wonder if over time the glue will degrade? I only use my soaps at home so not too worried about the affect on the soap cos nobody else will be using them

Aw thanks Marty! I used superglue. I had no idea if it would hold up but decided if anything stood a chance it was that!! It’s still totally intact too so plan to do some more with it. I wonder if over time the glue will degrade? I only use my soaps at home so not too worried about the affect on the soap cos nobody else will be using them
Thanks Sonya, good to know.

This is awesome! I also absolutely love the idea of halving bars into triangles - not sure why I never thought of it before, but it looks amazing with a complex pattern like this one! :)

Wow , that’s so beautiful! Did you pour the soap in the corner as layers? For ex. Pour black, then, white, then pink...then repeat that pattern in both corners?

Wow , that’s so beautiful! Did you pour the soap in the corner as layers? For ex. Pour black, then, white, then pink...then repeat that pattern in both corners?

Thank you [emoji4] Yeah I did, just two opposite corners

Like everyone else...I actually said "Wow" under my breath when I got to the second one. The first one is nice enough but a bit understated and I was just thinking that it seemed an awful lot of effort....and then I scrolled to the red/white/black and caught my breath!
Just fantastic!
@earlene , get in there and make some too, so we have more eye candy!!

Latest posts

Back