First Soaping Anniversary

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
I have been making soap for a year!

It would appear that I am a one-step-forward-five-steps-back learner which could be because my scientific process is a bit erratic (according to my scientist DH who just leaves me to potter in peace unless I pester him).

I have made 54 batches, about 30 of which won’t be turned into confetti and 12 of which I am exceptionally pleased. I have narrowed down my recipes. I am still (does this ever end?) perfecting the process and design. My skin is feeling great and family and friends are happy too.

What a whirlwind year it has been. The medical profession are still (2 years now) investigating why my ANA is so high, I am fatigued and my lungs aren’t working properly. Then, one of my three sons (Andrew, 27) died in a single motor bike accident 9 months ago.

I have had a fantastic time, and it has been a great distraction, learning to master the basics of soapmaking and being on the forum all too frequently as you can see by the “today’s post” list which every morning has PJ on every post.

I have really, really appreciated all the feedback and contact and exceptionally kind thoughts and gifts people on this forum have sent an unknown person from Oz.

Thank you all (I don’t want to mention anyone specific because everyone has helped me in some way) also, for explaining (over and over) all the little important pieces of the soaping puzzle which are so very confusing to a newby.

I hope I continue to learn and make soap.

Thank you all so much. :mrgreen:

Congrats on the hopefully just the first year of many :D

This forum is great isn't it? It just goes without saying that the mountain of knowledge and all the helpful people here can and are lifesavers for any soapakers that need/want advise or just have that "I'm sure this is a dumb question"

Congratulations! Sounds like you have had a full on few years. Glad you found soaping to help you get through it all :)

Latest posts

Back