First soap results

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadiaLW

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I did my first soap this Saturday, and it seems to be going well with the curing process so far.

We did a simple Marseille soap, 70% olive and 30% coco oil, and cold process. We did everything outside to make sure the fumes wouldn't be bothersome.

sgTSK7.jpg

The "soap batter" was put in milk cartons. I read it was best to start off :)

0GDqfD.jpg

It was quick to get to the gel phase. It only gelified in the middle of the soap, which is still a little darker.

48 hours later, we unmolded and cut up the soap.
WGsarj.jpg

WGsarj.jpg

We tried to store it in a box and will see if it's drying correctly :D

73Fws3.jpg

Overall, I think it has gone well. I am quite proud of the work done :D the only thing that baffles me a bit is the storage though :confused:

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Speaking of airflow.. You'd want some space between bars while they're curing :)

Congratulations!
Thanks ! Very satisfying ^^

Great stuff!! Be warned - it's addictive! Once you made one batch - you can't wait to make the next and keep on trying new things!
Thanks ! And to late, I already made a coffee ground soap and a lavander sented one :lol:

Congratulations! Although you might want to move those out of the plastic bin to somewhere where they can get good airflow.
Congratulations!

Speaking of airflow.. You'd want some space between bars while they're curing :)

Thanks to both of you :) I have put them on a tray, it does seem to be curing way better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What you did was almost exactly the way I started in 2003... 15 years later I still enjoy the process. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your coffee and lavender soaps.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the journey! The best is yet to come. :)

Nicely done! Welcome to the world of soap making!

You did great!

Thanks a lot! So much nice words :D

What you did was almost exactly the way I started in 2003... 15 years later I still enjoy the process. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your coffee and lavender soaps.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the journey! The best is yet to come. :)
Thank you very much ^^ I will be posting photos shortly of how it turned out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back