First soap ever!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsey666

Reaction score
I followed a dollar store tutorial for cp milk honey and oatmeal soap using buttermilk instead.

20160416_111359.jpg

20160416_124227-1.jpg

Nice one! Congrats on your first batch. I hope it's everything you dream it will be :)

Thank you all for the welcome! It is already becoming very much an addiction, I had no idea!

Since my post I have already made a eucalyptus peppermint with coffee, a lemon bar (which lost a lot of the scent), and redid this milk soap replacing all the lye water with frozen milk.

Unfortunately this first batch ended up crumbly and I'm afraid they're lye heavy. :( I'm not discouraged though, it just made me wake up early and try again!

Now that I have a handle on SoapCalc and a couple batches down, I can definitely see this becoming a consuming hobby. My intentions were to make my mom some soap for mother's day, but I'm afraid they won't be cured in time. At least they will be hard enough to present to her and tell her to wait a week to use them.

I attached photos of the new soaps :)

20160416_212712.jpg

20160417_122718.jpg

I can definitely see this becoming a consuming hobby.

I'm with SuzieOz - since the first step to addiction recovery is admitting - I shall continue to deny. I will be in the retirement home, paying off the orderlies to sneak in some lye and shea butter. I'll creep into the kitchen late at night, still trying for the perfect feather swirl. My wish will be to take my last breath while handing my daughter the perfect chamomile and lavender contraband bar.

Thank you Lindsey. Henceforth I shall use the words "consuming hobby".

Back