First Soap Cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
Here's my first soap cake. Actually, it's a month old now, & all but 2 pieces were given away at a party!

[/img]

Gasp. THose rosebuds ontop! :shock: and such hefty slices.. mmm. Very nice, wish I had smello-vision.

gorgeous!!

Those of you that make these, do you have a special cake pan you only use for soap? I'm not sure how many I'd make. Not sure I'd want to give up one of my cake pans.

Wowzers. That is one niiiiiice soap cake.

(Jola, I know lots of folks separate everything they use for soap-making, but I don't. The stuff I use gets used for cooking as well. We haven't dropped dead yet. For a cake pan (don't use aluminum), I can't see why it would be any problem at all since by the time you un-mold, you've basically got a cake tin full of soap. No health hazard there as far as I can see.)

Thanks so much everyone!!

Since it's cp, I can't use aluminum pans, so I use silicone. Now, another soaper tried to use hers for a real cake after, & had to throw the cake out, because the fragrance was still in the silicone & transferred to the cake. I won't be using my pan for baking cakes in.

My latest soap cake was made in the same pan, but the second cake didn't pick up any scent from the first one. Maybe the hotter oven temps caused the silicone to release the scent.

Anyway, just a warning! Soap cakes are addicting!! So many possibilities! The one I just made is scented with orange & chocolate toffee. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

So, go make a soap cake & plan a party! :lol:

That's the prettiest soap I've ever seen. Wow! How did you get the soap out of the bundt cake pan? I'm new and have never seen anything like this!

Back