first soap and help needed.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
hello I am new here and made my first soap ,I need your help as my very first soap after 36 hours still soft enough and its shape is not as fine as others have?this is actually body scrubber bar .I dont know how to share pic here ,plz some one guide me plz .
regards
Umeali

Welcome Umeali!

What kind of oils did you use in your recipe, and how much of each? Also, how much water to lye did you use, and what type of lye did you use (i.e., KOH or NaOH)?

IrishLass :)

Remember that we are not actually inside your head! Recipe and techniques are needed to troubleshoot.

To upload a pic check out these steps (assuming that you are on a browser and not the app). After they are uploaded you will see their names by the manage attachments button. then click post quick reply, or go advanced and preview. :)

Manage attachments.jpg

Upload.PNG

thanks to all kind replies here ,I am really grateful .I used coconut and almond oil in very low quantity and made just one soap.Naoh was the lye I used and also used measurement calc for accuracy. Also used herds to make it a body scrub bar .

Great you got pics uploaded!

Now we just need your EXACT recipe, additions and the methods you used - how much of each oil, how much liquid and what type, how much NaoH, what did you use to make it scrubby? How much superfat did you plan for in your recipe? Did you use color or scents?

Here is an example of how to share a recipe with us (you can use exact amounts, or percentages), or just upload a pdf of your soap calc page.
This recipe makes a surprisingly nice lather and trace lasts long long time:
Lard 65% (20.8 oz)
Sweet Almond oil (or could use OO) 20 % (6.4 Oz)
Coconut 15% (4.8 Oz)
NaOH 4.47 Oz
12.16 Oz water (full water or Soap Calc's default)
5% superfat

Method: both lye water and oils were at around 100 degrees, mixed and stickblended to trace. At trace I added 2 ounces of kitty litter for exfoliation and 4 teaspoons of garlic for scent (dont do this). Poured into a loaf mold and unmoulded after 24 hours.

Thank you seawolfe for your continuous help ,yes definitely I try to upload complete recipe.

Back