First show in the books

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indulgebandb

Reaction score
I just finished my first show! It was a great learning experience and I'm excited to do more- just exhausted. I DEFINITELY over prepared but I was the only bath and body vendor and made a little over double my booth fee- overall not bad. There weren't nearly as many people as was promoted would attend. The weather was not good on Saturday- the longest day- so maybe that had a little to do with the turnout. It was in a small town in south GA. From speaking with other vendors who had been to the show before their Saturdays sales were down.

It was interesting to see what scents sold well and my body butters were overwhelmingly the popular item. I gave out a lot of cards and made some great contacts so I call that a success! Now to just find a way to sell off all this extra stock I made! Looking for my next show but going to try to stay indoors. I might do one more outdoor show but it's starting to warm up here and my products will start to melt.

Attaching some photos- the Inside set-up is what I started with but quickly realized I needed to move the tables to the outside to make more storage space and space for me and the hubby ( who was awesome helping me with everything). I didn't set-up everything I had because of the weather- there were going to be curtains and a few other decorative items but the rain prohibited that. I also didn't put up my banner but we had the name written in some signs.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396229989.212897.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396230010.744627.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396230020.781259.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396230031.308789.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396230125.947152.jpg

Congrats on your first show! I love your set up- very clean, simple, and nicely organized. :)

I like the way your jars are displayed. Those nice neat rows are very appealing. Congratulations on a good first show!

Congrats! I love your set up too...it's not cluttered - very clean and crisp!

Your stall looks fantastic, I would stop and have a look.
Congratulations on your first show. :)

Congratulations on your first show. Those are always the hardest and most exhausting as you are stressing over every little thing. It gets easier now. Your display is lovely. Very clean looking.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I'm so glad it came together well. I didn't have a chance to practice the set-up, then found out the day before that I was getting six foot tables instead of eight foot (which ended up working out better). Most of what was in my head did come together thankfully!

Back