First scent blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
After toying with the idea of scent blends for fandom, I made my first one this morning and now it needs soaped, which I'll do this afternoon if I get the chance.

I am nervous, though about how it's going to behave when it hits the batter. The only unknown being the smallest portion of the blend, a leather note. The other two are vetiver EO and a patch FO. I guess I'll just have to be ready to haul butt if it causes the batter to act up!

Dixie - in this case it's a Star Wars character blend (I'll let you guess who). I've got notes for a couple of others, along with notes for Lord of the Rings characters and Harry Potter characters. I need to expand on some other ideas, but I gotta dabble around in the opinions of other folks who belong to fandoms I'm not part of.

Those aren't bad thoughts really. I had notes for Dobby (laundry and cooking spices, maybe rosemary?) and The Burrow (oatmeal and cinnamon/nutmeg or so). I've had someone insist I should do a Captain America soap and scent it with an apple pie fragrance oil. I laughed. I just might.

It moved just a hair faster than I would have liked, but I'm reasonably happy with how the blend behaved. As long as it doesn't rice or seize or take off like a drag racer, I'll deal.

Latest posts

Back