First rebatch today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkCupcake

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I made a small test batch of Chocolate Goat Milk soap. It's not ready to use yet, but it looks, feels, and smells wonderful! Just like a big slab of dark chocolate. So I decided to make a larger batch with a gold pencil line for the soap swap.

Maybe I should mention that I can't make a pencil line. Something ALWAYS goes wrong. This time, I put too much mica, and my soap came apart when I cut it. Time to rebatch.

I tried the "cook it in a bag in boiling water" method, which worked really well for me. The soap is cooling in the mold now. I'm sure it will be fine, but just not what I wanted.

I started with a gorgeous, smooth, chocolatey bar, and I will end up with a lumpy, less chocolatey bar with streaks of gold in it. But it does have a good amount of luxurious oils, so maybe it will be as nice to use as I hope!

Sounds yummy to me and I'm sure the soap will be lovely to use. I know it's disappointing when something doesn't turn out the way you planned. (This happens to me a lot.) However, I think a rustic brown bar with streaks of gold sounds attractive and I hope you'll post a pic.

Latest posts

Back