First Public Flea Market Display

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srenee

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my weekend adventure.

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but wanted to post pictures of my first flea market showing. How do you like it? You can look at my facebook page Luxuriously Natural Soaps, NC

We had lot's of fun. But learned a lot in the process too.[/b]
1. On sunny days, try to figure out how to display without lotions or soaps getting too hot or discoloring.

2. Why does everyone asks for the scents you don't have versus the ones you do?

3. Have enough products. One lady bought 5 jars of my sugar scrub, and body butters...lol

4. I had chairs to sit in, but stayed on my feet the whole day on Friday. Talking about serious backaches that night!!!! Learned to sit down occassionally on Saturday...lol

5. Packing and unpacking can be a bare! Get your boxes together.

6. Be prepared for special orders. Got lots of homework this week for the upcoming weekend.

7. Keep hubby close. :D

I met lots of great folks, and potential wholesale opportunities, teachers who wanted batches for school, massage therapist who wants to display in their parlor, etc.

Got to step it up now. I love it. Poor hubbie and kids though.[/img]

Uploading pictures to photobucket. The facebook link I tried to add wouldn't work. Stay tuned.

Flea Market Pictures...

Here is one picture of our tables? What do you think? We have lots to tweak, but this was just a start. We are planning to setup Friday-Sunday. Not sure how Friday's will be. This Friday was so-so.

table1andbanner.jpg

We had lot's of fun though. Warmer days are always better.
fleamarkettable.jpg

soapandcandledisplay.jpg
[/img]

Thank you. The first day my back felt like it was coming out of it's skin. But I learned the next day to sit down even for a little. I need to make a lot of customer special request soaps.

About sitting... if you take barstools, rather than chair,s you can sit & be eyelevel with your customers.

That looks really nice and professional! I like the large banners so people can see from further away. And I like the see through display shelves. Really good job setting up your table! :)

I like your clear shelving unit. Your signs are nice and clear.
Are they plastic table cloths??? Can you use a fabric one with no fold marks?? It would look a ton better.

good luck.

Thank you. My husband made the shelving. They worked out really well. They are also deep enough to add 2 rows of soaps on every level if I needed. I had one on both tables. The next day I had soaps on one and Candles on the other. I brought more with me the second day.

Hadn't even thought about the table cloths. Good idea. It was extremely windy this past weekend so cloth would have done a lot better. I have a little more tweaking to do for this weekend.

Had to buy Jasmine oil for a special order. The price almost gave me a heart attack. I'll be making some microwave or HP soap to have some ready for the next couple of weeks.

Super pretty. I love the shelving and your colors are very inviting!
Would definitely draw me in. Congratulations!!!

Thank you. I was a little apprehensive at first. But when the first 2 customers all went crazy over the fragrances I felt a lot better. Just need to up the stock a bit. Hence, I have the crockpot going, and the roaster going. Go figure...lol

srenee, I hope you don't mind .. I have a question.
I was checking out your beautifully done website but I'm a little confused about your ingredients. You use the wording 'essential oil fragrance' and 'essential fragrance' in your descriptions.
Is that a mixture of essential oils and fragrance oils together or just essential oils? I always associate the word fragrance with 'fragrance oils' so I was wondering :)

I was looking at your site too. Nice, but do you provide FULL ingredient lists?

i agree that full ingredient lists are essential, and that you need to clarify essential oils/essential fragrances. if you are using fragrance oils as well, you need to clarify that these are not all-natural. will browse your site some more later and comment further, but feel these are changes you need to make asap. lovely display, it would definitely draw me in!

Back