First pencil line

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
Other than the mica all over the sides of the soap I like how it turned out. Thank you Sonya-m for the inspiration. Not near as pretty as yours, but I'll take it.

20160331_141713.jpg

Good job! :) Mica lines used to be my nemesis, although in a way they still are (I'm not good at making the lovely, straight across kind as is pictured in your post). I do better making the jagged type that looks like haphazard veins.

IrishLass :)

Good job! :) Mica lines used to be my nemesis, although in a way they still are (I'm not good at making the lovely, straight across kind as is pictured in your post). I do better making the jagged type that looks like haphazard veins.

IrishLass :)

I just made sure my batter was still pretty fluid when I put down the bottom layer and banged the heck out of it after I swirled it lol

Wow nice mica line! . I'm soon going to try one too. Lol after I try the piping set I just got from Nurture. .in the directions, she says after you sprinkle it on the layer, then gently blow so it spreads evenly, I didn't know that! so I thought I'd share in case anyone else might not realize THAT'S HOW they get it so even. Lol . I'm really new so I'm sure everyone does. But just in case. Again. Very nice mica line

Wow nice mica line! . I'm soon going to try one too. Lol after I try the piping set I just got from Nurture. .in the directions, she says after you sprinkle it on the layer, then gently blow so it spreads evenly, I didn't know that! so I thought I'd share in case anyone else might not realize THAT'S HOW they get it so even. Lol . I'm really new so I'm sure everyone does. But just in case. Again. Very nice mica line

I could see this working if you have a designated soaping area. But since I soap in my kitchen, and make a big enough mess already I don't think I'll run the risk of blowing too hard and having mica everywhere. It took me a week to clean up all the glitter from my mantra marble swirl soap lol

Thanks everyone. I was shocked at how well it turned out. Especially with a floral fo

Back