Quantcast

First pencil line

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

SuzieOz

Reaction score
Yay, well done. I'm going to try another one (2nd attempt) later today, making sure this time not to pick a "bleeding" mica :/

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Good job! :) Mica lines used to be my nemesis, although in a way they still are (I'm not good at making the lovely, straight across kind as is pictured in your post). I do better making the jagged type that looks like haphazard veins.

IrishLass :)

Navaria

Reaction score
Good job! :) Mica lines used to be my nemesis, although in a way they still are (I'm not good at making the lovely, straight across kind as is pictured in your post). I do better making the jagged type that looks like haphazard veins.

IrishLass :)
I just made sure my batter was still pretty fluid when I put down the bottom layer and banged the heck out of it after I swirled it lol

Navaria

Reaction score
Thank you :) Like I said, your soap inspired it.

niclycha

Reaction score
Wow nice mica line! . I'm soon going to try one too. Lol after I try the piping set I just got from Nurture. .in the directions, she says after you sprinkle it on the layer, then gently blow so it spreads evenly, I didn't know that! so I thought I'd share in case anyone else might not realize THAT'S HOW they get it so even. Lol . I'm really new so I'm sure everyone does. But just in case. Again. Very nice mica line

Navaria

Reaction score
Wow nice mica line! . I'm soon going to try one too. Lol after I try the piping set I just got from Nurture. .in the directions, she says after you sprinkle it on the layer, then gently blow so it spreads evenly, I didn't know that! so I thought I'd share in case anyone else might not realize THAT'S HOW they get it so even. Lol . I'm really new so I'm sure everyone does. But just in case. Again. Very nice mica line
I could see this working if you have a designated soaping area. But since I soap in my kitchen, and make a big enough mess already I don't think I'll run the risk of blowing too hard and having mica everywhere. It took me a week to clean up all the glitter from my mantra marble swirl soap lol

Rowan

Reaction score
Lovely mica line and so straight!! It looks great:)

Navaria

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was shocked at how well it turned out. Especially with a floral fo