First order of melt and pour base looks weird

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jubilee8269

Reaction score
I just got my first order of melt and pour bases ever. I ordered three different kinds of detergent free from wholesale supply plus. The clear, she butter and aloe and olive. All of them have arrived looking like someone had lathered the tops and then smashed the lids down on the bubbles, and one of the shea ones has these weird orange spots on the bottoms. It says the expiration dates aren't until 2023. Are they still safe to use, or did I get bases from a bad batch? Did they melt during shipping? On top of that one box was broken, one box was leaking and had shea base in the seams, and the bag of vita burst beads I got for my hand soap kit had been put in the box open and spilled all over everything. I haven't checked my bottles for cracks yet, but that bag was ripped open as well. I was so excited for this order, and now I'm just depressed. I can't even call them until tomorrow. Last time I emailed them I got no response.

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Bubbly base is okay, but poor packaging & leakage during transport is not. Make sure you send a photo of the orange spots on the bottom of base you mentioned when you email them.

What are those granules all over your shipment? Oh, I guess that's the Vita Burst Beads - I had to re-read your post.

When you phone, you will probably be told they will replace your order completely and also tell you to keep what you have there. When I got the wrong order (someone else's order instead of mine), they customer service folks were very nice and apologetic. They told me to keep it and replaced my order, which ended up coming very quickly. I think they put a rush on it.

I have had packaging arrive open before (different vendors) and blame that on the shipping company, but it's still the responsibility of the Vendor to ensure you receive your order in good condition. They can follow up with the shipping company themselves, but if you have photos of the outside shipping box, I'd contact the shipping company as well with a complaint.

I called them this morning. They're replacing the broken things and the vita burst beads. They also threw in something I had in my cart saved for later for free, and they said they're filing a claim with UPS. They wanted me to file a claim with them as well is what the lady on the phone said. They were really nice and apologetic as well. Nothing about having to send anything back. Thanks to everyone for letting me know the base is still useable. I wasn't sure about that. I put the broken boxes in ziploc bags that way the stuff wouldn't go bad and I can still use it. I don't want any sweat on it.

Latest posts

Back