First Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinbago27

Reaction score
Hi All, I made my first batch of liquid soap!

I think it’s OK, but will wait a couple days to see.

few questions…
- can I add CA to the lye solution if I used glycerin?
- how do I get a white creamy soap?
- can I add additives like in bar soap like goat milk, coll oats etc? Of course nothing that will have a grainy texture.

thank you so much!!

Rhonda🧶

Hi Rhonda,

You want to be careful adding things to liquid soap. You should know why you are adding it, and how to add it.

For instance, yes, you can add CA if you used glycerin, but too much CA will cause your soap to separate. Are you adding it for clarity or neutralization, or did you have another thought in mind? There are some good threads here and on DeeAnna's website that will explain how to add it slowly and assess as you go.

Regarding goat milk, or any other food or botanical ingredients, remember that all of these things can and do go bad, especially if they are added post-cook. Also, most particles will not stay suspended in homemade LS unless you use special ingredients that support suspension. Again, studying up on the specific additive is necessary.

For a white and creamy LS, I recommend searching for @IrishLass' Creamy Coco-Shea recipe. It's a bit of an advanced recipe, but it does create a pearly creamy white LS that is just lovely to eyeball and to use.

Back