First linear swirl!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maloga3

Reaction score
So here is my first linear swirl... I've done them before, but always varied my lines and it didn't render the same effect. Here, I was sure to put each color in separate areas of the top- makes it much better!! Soap queen. Com has YouTube examples ImageUploadedBySoap Making1399170189.745868.jpg

Love it! Oh I can't wait till I start cold processing. I just can't get any pretty decor with my hp. Don't know if I let it cool too much for adding my fos or what but I just can't get mine to do like examples on yt. Yours is very pretty.

Thanks all!!!
Heres the colors I added:
1.5 titanium dioxide to the oils before adding the lye (a little trick I just learned)
1 tsp black oxide to about a cup of the batch
1 tsp matte green oxide
1 tsp matte green oxide with 1 tsp titanium dioxide with 1 tsp neon lemon yellow oxide
-the keys are to pour as soon as oils and lye are emulsified, so very light trace...that way when you get to the top, your batter is still liquid. Also, pour each color down the width of the mold uniformly- start with all the black, then green, then light green, etc....makes more defined swirls- I used to just pour the colors willy nilly on top, but I prefer this uniform swirl look (linear swirl), its more professional and gives more pop in my opinion...
I'm planning on using my BB 18 bar birch mold to do an entire linear swirl today, not just the top...will post a picture!!!

Latest posts

Back