First HP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBarnett

Reaction score
Well, I was in an experimental mood and so tried my hand at hot process. I did 3.4 oz Apricot Kernal Oil, 6.8 oz Avocado Oil, 6.8 oz Castor Oil, 6.8 oz Coconut Oil, 6.8 oz Lard, and 3.4 oz Steric Acid. With 12.92 oz water and 4.93 oz Lye. It had a 0% superfat and I added 1 oz of each apricot Kernal, castor and Aloe Vera oil as superfat. My scent was Bramble Berry Bay Rum 2 oz. No color.

It seems to have all went well. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can unmold it and cut it.

That is an awful of of castor oil. Castor can feel kind of sticky when used in higher amounts. Usually it is used at about 5% or less. Did you add stearic to it to make a shaving soap?

No I added it to harden it up. This was a total spur of the moment soap experiment. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. If it doesn't fine I hate the FO I used bay rum.

Robert

thats gonna be a super soapy, lathery soap but, I feel that may just be able to stick two pieces of wood together. lol. I remember when i did what you did, probably alot worse. it was so sticky

Well I don't know. Maybe I can give it as a gag gift. The person uses it and then they gag.

Latest posts

Back