First Goat Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerliesa

Reaction score
I decided to experiment a little more this week and went on ahead and mixed up a batch of goat's milk soap. I'm really, really pleased with how the process went. I added my milk after I had mixed my lye and oils and had zero problems with acceleration. It didn't even get any warmer when I added the milk like I thought it would. I was able to layer and attempt a swirl so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow morning. I used CO, OO, Crisco shortening, Avacado oil and grape seed oil. I also added a 1 1/2 tsp of colloidal oatmeal. Can't wait to cut into it!

20140425_185616.jpg

And I think I'm in love with it. I actually got something resembling a swirl this time so as far as I'm concerned, this is my new go to! The swirl is pink; I think it might darken up into a brighter hot pink further along into cure. I did have titanium dioxide flecks but, I'll figure that out at a later date.

P.S. It's scented (lightly) with Hungarian lavender eo.

20140426_063013.jpg

20140426_063052.jpg

20140426_063102.jpg

20140426_063108.jpg

Last edited:
VERY nice, looks luxurious! Feels great to get such a win, doesn't it?

[FONT=&quot]Hi Everyone, I am new here! Originally I landed here trying to solve a mystery on gelled/transparent streaks and speckles that suddenly began appearing in some recent batches of the soaps I make. I was able to partially solve it, there are some very knowledgeable people on here with loads of trial and error already behind them :) I am very thankful. I have attached a few pics of what I am trying to troubleshoot, in case anyone has some input on it. I am learning a ton and often challenged. We craft goats milk soap from the milk our goats produce, and I have been soaping for almost 2 years, and having fun with it most of the time. Hopefully there are some other goat's milk soap artists on here :) At the moment, my goal is a hobby that self sustains through sales. I would love to grow and expand if it is God's will for our family to be blessed with that.[/FONT]

P1070544e.jpg

P1070546e.jpg

P1070548e.jpg

The hungarian lavender soap you posted looks beautiful! I bet that will turn out to be great soap!

Looks so good..I also made goat's milk soap,bt it was nowhere near this.:D what do you do to make it look so creamy,soft n yummy?

Latest posts

Back