First Goat Milk Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean

Reaction score
Paul and Faithy, I just wanted to let you know that I made my first batch of goat milk soap and aloe vera juice using Paul's method. I mixed my lye 50/50. It really turned out nice and I am very proud of it. Even halved my recipe and it all worked. I don't have my swirls down yet but I'm working on it. I know you all like pictures so thought I would share.
Faithy, I have tried the recipe that you refigured for me and I think I am going to like it just fine.
Paul, I am thinking about ordering a TOG mold, could I pick it up when I am down there the end of the month? I want to thank both of you very much for all the help you have given me. Jean
my.php
[/url]
[/img]

Thanks Jean! :D Your soap turned out fantastic! :wink: I'm so happy this method worked well for you especially since you used GM like I do. 8) I really love this method of RTCP using 50% premixed lye solution.
As far as the mold, lets talk more. Send me an e-mail, or go to my Etsy site and conversation me. Just click on my e-mail button at the bottom and we'll talk more. :wink: I would love to meet you and have a cup of coffee and make a batch of GM soap together! :D

Paul

looks like youve been doing it for years!! beautiful bars!

Actually Iian, I have been making soap for about eleven years. I just never did anything too fancy. Had a recipe that worked, added different coloring, different FO sometimes a little oatmeal, etc, but never anything but water to mix with lye.
Ran across this forum one day a decided to branch out a little. So far, so good. Thanks for the compliments. Jean

your quite welcome :)

SO what got you into soaping initially??? for me it was kind of just a want to create all of the things that i use in day to day life by hand...so i know everything that im ingesting/putting on my body :)

The goatsmilk looks really creamy!

I ordered some molds from Paul, too. Can't wait to get them, 'cause I've heard such excellent things about them. I'm seriously considering the beveller, too. I just haven't decided yet how "store bought" looking my bars need to be to sell.

Paul, thanks for the email updating me on my order!! :p

Ian, I've started making soap, because I'm sick to death of paying a small fortune for soaps that do absolutely nothing for my skin except dry it out. I like being able to choose how my soap smells, too.

I've also taken the buy handmade pledge. I'm most happy to pay a handcrafter for an item rather than line a conglomerate's bulging pockets.

I am just a creative person by heart. If you can name a craft, I have taught myself how to do it. It is a challege to me to teach myself how to do something. It's just something I like to do. I have made about 100 or more hand knit sweaters, crocheted afghans, doilies, etc. made several quilts, all by hand. Took a blue ribbon at the State Fair on the last quilt I made, it was a Baltimore Album Quilt that I gave to my grandddaughter I suppose I need to post pictures on the Other Crafts on this forum of some of the things I have done. I paint on glass pitchers and glasses, paint on furniture. I hand painted a white five piece bedroom outfit for a little girls room. I painted a childs play table and chairs that has nursery rhyme characters on it. I have sold most all of the furniture that I have painted. Also sold all the glass ware, tin buckets, etc. that I have painted. I've taught myself cake decorating and flower arranging. Actually worked at a fresh floral company for about four years.
To answer you question, I just love to do things. Jean

Oh, I was so busy "bragging" on all my stuff (Ha) I forgot to tell you. I received my beveller from Paul today and it is doing a super job on my soap. He has some really neat things that I am just going to have to have. Jean

Not to hi-jack your topic Jean, but thank you and also mandolyn for those oh so sweet compliments! :D You will never know just how much I needed to hear some TOG customers who are forum members state how happy they are with their order. It brought a tear to my eye. :cry: :D

Thank you! :wink:

Paul

Latest posts

Back