First frosted soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suchisam

Reaction score
First frosted soap and first time uploading to the gallery👀
Recipe 1: Coconut oil 30% palm oil 20% olive oil 20% sunflower oil 20% Avocado oil 5% castor oil 5%
Lye concentration 35% superfat 5%
Recipe 2 (Frosting) :
Coconut oil 30%
Palm oil 30%
Olive oil 15%
Sunflower oil 15%
Castor oil 10%
Lye concentration 33% superfat 5%
Additives etc: sodium lactate, kaolin clay (mixed with the fragrances 1tbsp, let sit overnight) TD (accidentally got water soluble )
Process
I wanted to make a bottom white layer with a gold mica line and an 'in the pot swirl' but when the mica line blew up (very dramatic) I just spazzed my way to the end 😅 I don't even remember what I did it's all a blur.
The frosting on the other hand went better than expected! It sets up very slowly so I felt like I could take my time. I made the embeds with m and p.
Fragrance: lemon EO, Eucalyptus and Peppermint. Mom says it smells like creme de menthe 😁

The mica line was literally a bust lol
The bottom layer was quite thin, perhaps too thin? And one of my micas morphed into a really gross green (also very dramatic :p) luckily managed to fix it with a different green.

After 3 weeks of curing I've had no ash and the fragrance is still going strong😎
IMG_20220314_005106.jpg

If only we could smell pictures - creme de menthe sounds wonderful!
And loving the frosting on this soap, it looks well defined. It didn't occur to me that you could change the recipe for the frosting to make it set up more slowly - thanks for sharing!

Back