First ever soaps from a total novice!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Cat Lady

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So glad I found this forum! I’m new to soap making and am loving learning all about it and reading all your great tips and advice ! This is the first cold process soap I’ve ever made. I made it on Tuesday and cut some of it today. Some of it’s a little soggy still so put it back in silicone mould for a little longer. But I’m really happy how they’ve turned out so far. One is eucalyptus and the blue one is Cornish sea. I think this is going to be an addictive hobby and can’t wait to get more creative!!!

Attachments

• 31F2FCBF-CFE8-46CD-91D5-8205E887F383.jpeg
    31F2FCBF-CFE8-46CD-91D5-8205E887F383.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 90
They look great, good job! Now I’ll tell you what was told to me when I first posted here and didn’t know any better:

Don’t let the soaps stay on that metal tray too long. Put paper or cloth or something plastic underneath it. Apparently anything other than stainless steel will cause DOS (dreaded orange spots).

Hi everyone! So glad I found this forum! I’m new to soap making and am loving learning all about it and reading all your great tips and advice ! This is the first cold process soap I’ve ever made. I made it on Tuesday and cut some of it today. Some of it’s a little soggy still so put it back in silicone mould for a little longer. But I’m really happy how they’ve turned out so far. One is eucalyptus and the blue one is Cornish sea. I think this is going to be an addictive hobby and can’t wait to get more creative!!!
Nice soaps.You are going to need a larger cart!

Welcome to the forum!

I love blue.. Your soaps are awesome! More so since they're your first. Way better than some of my current ones even lol

Back