First ever soaps from a total novice!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

The Cat Lady

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So glad I found this forum! I’m new to soap making and am loving learning all about it and reading all your great tips and advice ! This is the first cold process soap I’ve ever made. I made it on Tuesday and cut some of it today. Some of it’s a little soggy still so put it back in silicone mould for a little longer. But I’m really happy how they’ve turned out so far. One is eucalyptus and the blue one is Cornish sea. I think this is going to be an addictive hobby and can’t wait to get more creative!!!

Attachments

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You first cp soap looks a whole lot better than my first attempts. Congrats!

hungryhawaiian

Reaction score
They look great, good job! Now I’ll tell you what was told to me when I first posted here and didn’t know any better:

Don’t let the soaps stay on that metal tray too long. Put paper or cloth or something plastic underneath it. Apparently anything other than stainless steel will cause DOS (dreaded orange spots).

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome catlady, love your first soaps. :thumbs: Now you just have to wait 6 wks to try them out.:eek:

melinda48

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So glad I found this forum! I’m new to soap making and am loving learning all about it and reading all your great tips and advice ! This is the first cold process soap I’ve ever made. I made it on Tuesday and cut some of it today. Some of it’s a little soggy still so put it back in silicone mould for a little longer. But I’m really happy how they’ve turned out so far. One is eucalyptus and the blue one is Cornish sea. I think this is going to be an addictive hobby and can’t wait to get more creative!!!
Nice soaps.You are going to need a larger cart!

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We love first soap pictures! Yours are very pretty - thanks for sharing. And welcome.

Dawni

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I love blue.. Your soaps are awesome! More so since they're your first. Way better than some of my current ones even lol