First Chunking Try

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmy3cats

Reaction score
I made a batch last week which was very oily. I decided I would try to chunk some of it.

Here is a picture... it looks great now but doesn't seem to be generating much heat. I'll have to let you know how it goes!

BTW... I have checked out the soap calc and one of the recipes I made up looks great. I'll take a picture of it too.

This will be 3 lbs "if" it turns out. LOL. I guess it has only been 2 1/2 hours since I put it in the mold. I am used to doing it on a weekend or my day off and feeling the "Heat" later! I need to go to bed and check in the AM. I think it will be fine! What a great way to use the ugly soap I made last week. I can't wait to cut it as I'm sure it will be really cool!!

Whomever told me to figure out the soap calc... I was afraid. But I tackled it for the basic stuff. I'm not sure about how to use it for hardness, etc yet but I will!

I am also having a hard time with colorants. For now I decided to just go natural for the most part. It seems that any time I add colorants it doesn't do anything but make it trace FAST. Natural is good for me right now.

Actually I meant to say at the beginning it was very UGLY, not oily. Soap is oily at the beginning right? LOL.

Anyway, I like the way it turned out and can't wait to try some in the shower!

Yer havin quite the convo with yourself here!... :D Mind if I cut in and say I think your chunked soap looks awesome! It looks like it would be a honey/almond flavor or something. Great job!

Very pretty, I really like the graduated colors in the chunks!

luvmy3cats said:
Thanks Everybody!

Katie, I am originally from Omaha, NE! GO BIG RED!

Well, hey!! Where are you now? I left for decades & then came back. We're planning to move to CO, we just don't know when.

I have lived in Clearwater/St. Pete FL area since 1986.

How funny, we are planning on moving to Colorado sometime in the next 5 years or so. Colorado Springs area!

It's so beautiful there! I would have to get used to driving in the snow again though! LOL.

Mandolyn and 3cats, we can have our own little soap making co-op when you move to Colorado! I'm in south central Colorado and was born and raised in Tampa! :D

Back