First Charcoal Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow! I never even thought of using charcoal in soap. These are sooooo neat! Putting these into my "to be tried" file! :lol:

They will be in August. I am just waiting to get my liability insurance.

They really are wonderful, hope you wrap them to show off the swirls to best advantage!!! 8)

Now, for the lamest question so far................I know, I know, there is no such thing as a stupid question, but I think this one at least comes close................

Insurance???? I had NO idea I needed insurance to sell soap! :shock: Where would one aquire said insurance, and here's the clincher...how much dough-ski can one expect to shell out on this insurance??????????

expectantly,

Della :?

Having liablility insurance is always a good thing to have to protect your business. Since I also sell skin care I wanted to protect myself in the rare case something happens.

I went through the Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild to get mine. Once you become a Soapmaker Member you are covered...It was $480 for the year.

http://www.soapguild.org

Absolutely gorgeous! And yes they remind me of dalmations too!!! Cruela DeVil would love them. :lol: Never thought of swirling with charcoal...splendid idea.

x

this is lovely! i would love to do with with hot pink! how do you know how much to use? is this better than using black mica or oxide?

Re: x

heartsong said:
this is lovely! i would love to do with with hot pink! how do you know how much to use? is this better than using black mica or oxide?
MUCH better! The charcoal doesn't "bleed" from wet soaps like other colorants do.

Back