First butterfly swirl attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmakkers

Reaction score
Just cut! Not really a butterfly though :(

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Pretty colors and swirls though! Butterflies are difficult. I know a lot of us made numerous attempts for the challenge so it's not nearly as easy as it would seem to be.

Butterfly or not, it's a great soap!

I love your colors, too. I've been working on a butterfly for three batches now. I liked my first, but it was a milk soap that overheated. The swirl is nice but the colors are awful. #2 is pretty, but I over swirled so no butterfly. #3 is in the mold now. Not liking the top at all.

Great colour choice!! And still a pretty swirl! Don't give up on the butterfly though - Newbie is right, I for one made 3 batches before I got a butterfly

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback! I am on a mission to make one butterfly swirl if it's the last thing I do.

Gorgeous soap, and I love the colors! I'll bet with a small technique tweak you'll have that butterfly swirl nailed in no time. I just attempted a butterfly swirl today (third time here), and I'm absolutely dying to cut into it. I keep peeking at it every hour or so, as if that's going to make it harden up before tomorrow!

The batter got too thick on me so it was a little hard to get my wire/straw apparatus through the soap in a fluid motion. Next time I'm probably gonna try it with an all water recipe and no milk just so I can work on getting the design down. I even sketched out the swirl motion pattern so I could get an idea of how the colors would get pulled. It's game on!

That's how I am too! I kept poking at it and swore staring at it would make it harden up faster.

Cheers to getting a butterfly!

Back