First Butterflies!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judiraz

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy w / these. Second attempt and I got 3 out of 5 sets. This was a goat milk soap that I didn't gel. The only downside is my mold bowed so they really don't stand squared. That's why you can see bars on the side pushing them together.

image.jpg

Well, this batch did. First try was a mess and the third one is still soft and mushy after 5 days. So it took 9 lbs of soap to get three butterflies :)

Beautiful!! I think it's pretty standard to do multiple attempts at the butterfly!

Well done, it's lovely

I've done so many trying to get a good one, I'm just about butterflied out! That is beautiful!! Love the coral/pink/orange color. What colorant was used for it, if I may ask?

Beautiful! This is one technique I've yet to attempt. Not even sure where to begin, and seeing such lovely ones out there...on my one day to try list. Love your color choices as well! Good job!

Thanks so much. The first batch is soap......it's just ugly as sin because I overworked it and I gelled it which caused it to discolor. The third batch is a lost cause and I really don't know what happened.

The colorants were all micas from Nurture. I ordered a sample pack of ten. This batch used TD for the white and turquoise, sea green, vibrant yellow, and the pink is actually desert sunset.

Back