First beer soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My knife kinda made drag marks, and I just dumped the titanium dioxide into the batter instead of trying to get rid of lumps, because I'm new to TD and just wanted to get a baseline for worst possible outcome haha. I did a in-the-pot drop-swirl (first time for that design). So three new things- beer, new swirl technique, and TD. I think I've used TD before but not since my initial soaping forays before I was taking great notes, etc. I had no idea what my design was going to be, I just kinda went with it. It was kinda fun to be spontaneous but also got messy and good think the batter was kinda fluid or it woulda seized up on me probably. Coincidentally, the blue and white mimic Bud Light colors which was the beer I used. Also, smells like Bud Light also. Usually scents don't come through as far as I understand but this one actually smells pretty good... or at least like bud light. May not win any contests but I just wanted to show it. ETA: seems like it fully gelled or didn't gel at all- a first for me! Usually I get partial. This recipe was 5% castor oil, 28 % Coconut, Olive, and Palm oil, and 10% Shea butter. 3% SF, 33% lye concentration.
IMG_1378.JPG

Last edited:
My knife kinda made drag marks, and I just dumped the titanium dioxide into the batter instead of trying to get rid of lumps, because I'm new to TD and just wanted to get a baseline for worst possible outcome haha. I did a in-the-pot drop-swirl (first time for that design). So three new things- beer, new swirl technique, and TD. I think I've used TD before but not since my initial soaping forays before I was taking great notes, etc. I had no idea what my design was going to be, I just kinda went with it. It was kinda fun to be spontaneous but also got messy and good think the batter was kinda fluid or it woulda seized up on me probably. Coincidentally, the blue and white mimic Bud Light colors which was the beer I used. Also, smells like Bud Light also. Usually scents don't come through as far as I understand but this one actually smells pretty good... or at least like bud light. May not win any contests but I just wanted to show it. ETA: seems like it fully gelled or didn't gel at all- a first for me! Usually I get partial. This recipe was 5% castor oil, 28 % Coconut, Olive, and Palm oil, and 10% Shea butter. 3% SF, 33% lye concentration.View attachment 54943

Beautiful! I’ve yet to make a beer soap!

Latest posts

Back