First batches of soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
I’ve completed my first few batches of soaps and thought I would share. I’m pretty happy with the results. I’d appreciate any feedback.

I’m just playing around with labels so pay not attention to the content/wording.

A9D657F0-32AD-490A-9C3A-297E15E30DEA.jpeg EDE632B6-D522-4724-A5E7-3E5E6C7B8ABA.jpeg 2DD12EE0-1521-4B00-98AA-5AA6543CEB1D.jpeg AF78417A-6CCC-4C2B-8EA7-3B10645CC39A.jpeg B661DA81-D1B5-4D1D-8AAB-C3545A344D9D.jpeg D22698F5-6FF6-470D-A5AC-B09FDC9FBF21.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame that the White Birch name is taken, because your labelling (I know you aren't posting for input) is also beautiful!

How long are you going to wait before you try out your new soaps? :cool:

It's a shame that the White Birch name is taken, because your labelling (I know you aren't posting for input) is also beautiful!

How long are you going to wait before you try out your new soaps? :cool:
Thanks for the input! I wasn’t aware that the name was already taken. I’ve seen “White Birch Hill” soaps and another White birch that is unavailable on Amazon and I did find a company call White Birch Soap Shop but their website is inactive.

I’ve tried my soaps and they feel great!! But since posting I’ve had one batch seize on me in a big way! Haha!! I knew it was only a matter of time. It was inferior Vanilla fragrance. I knew better but thought I could work quickly.....rookie mistake. It was a disaster. But it taught me a lesson....reputable fragrance sources, soap at cooler temps when dealing with fussy ingredients, and have a backup plan. The finished product brings new meaning to the word “rustic”. It look more like molded throw-up!

Ooooh! I saw their facebook page, but didn't pay a great deal of attention to dates (just saw they were a few states up from you).
Nice!

(Rustic! :D)
I saw that FB page too but it looked pretty much deserted. I’m using the name as a nod to my home state of NH whose state tree is the White Birch. I may need to rethink the name though as I don’t want to step on any toes of others that may have claim to the name

Thanks!

Your soaps are beautiful & I love your labels!! Where did you get the labels from? How do you make them??
Thank you!! I designed and printed labels myself. Soaps are wrapped in deli paper and then the cigar band label over that. Plain paper and laser printer

Is the deli paper so the regular paper doesn't absorb oils from the soap?

Iv read somewhere that is what is advised when using that kind of packaging to avoid the cigar label absorbing water. I wrap mine in wax paper to store them away and label round it when i get to that point.

Wow your soaps are absolutly beautiful i think your being modest saying your not talented for making those. Iv been making soaps since august and am still learning but even my best batch wasnt as good as yours. You clearly have a talent producing your first soaps like that. Mistakes happen thats how we learn what not to do :)

Iv read somewhere that is what is advised when using that kind of packaging to avoid the cigar label absorbing water. I wrap mine in wax paper to store them away and label round it when i get to that point.

Wow your soaps are absolutly beautiful i think your being modest saying your not talented for making those. Iv been making soaps since august and am still learning but even my best batch wasnt as good as yours. You clearly have a talent producing your first soaps like that. Mistakes happen thats how we learn what not to do :)

Using just a cigar band is very common with soap makers who sell. Minimal packaging and simple to wrap.

Back