First batch smells glorious

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemima

Reaction score
i made my first batch last week and left it too long in the rigid plastic container and had a job and a half getting it out and did make a bit of a mess.

It may not win any prizes for how it looks but my bedroom where I am leaving it to cure smells so fabulous. I have ordered a silicon mould in a wooden box so my next lot looks a bit better and be easier to unmold.

i made my first batch last week and left it too long in the rigid plastic container and had a job and a half getting it out and did make a bit of a mess.

It may not win any prizes for how it looks but my bedroom where I am leaving it to cure smells so fabulous. I have ordered a silicon mould in a wooden box so my next lot looks a bit better and be easier to unmold.

I made that mistake too. I didn't realize that I need to line hard plastic molds, at the time I bought it, I had only seen folks using silicone molds, acrylic molds or lining wooden molds.

I made the same mistake by not lining a PVC pipe for my first batch of soap. I left it in the freezer for hours and still couldn't get it out. I think my hubby had to cut that batch out of the pipe. Lesson learned! @Jemima what fragrance did you use?

I made the same mistake by not lining a PVC pipe for my first batch of soap

I have had some take some effort to get out but never had to cut it out YIKES. I never line my PVC pipe molds. I have more trouble lining than not (odd how everybodies experiences are different) I usually rap mine on the floor in my garage (upright) and it starts it sliding out, I have also used a insulated coffee cup that fits inside the mold and have pushed it out that way (I got that tip from another soaper) and it works surprisingly well but takes a little bit of muscle. When I have lined my bars come out all wonky

Back