First Batch in my New TOG mold...YAY!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
I just unmolded my first batch this morning from my TOG mold. I love it! It was such a pleasure to work with.

The soap batch, on the other hand, was not. I soaped cool, full water, and used a new fragrance oil. I hand stirred and 15 seconds later.....the spoon was standing up on its own....SOAP ON A STICK! :lol:

Happily, I was able to beat it into submission with some cold water, frantic stirring and a stick blender. I got it colored and poured and this morning it was looking up at me in all its pretty pink glory! :)

Great mold Paul! :)

GrumpyOldWoman said:
pics please :lol:
Yeah....how about it, Mike? Seeing is believing. :lol: :lol:

Glad you took control of that soap batter and showed it who was boss. Ain't TOGs wonderful?

Digit

digit said:
GrumpyOldWoman said:
pics please :lol:
Yeah....how about it, Mike? Seeing is believing. :lol: :lol:

Glad you took control of that soap batter and showed it who was boss. Ain't TOGs wonderful?

Digit

:lol: All right all right! I will get some pics this weekend! :lol:

Yes....they are a wonderful mold. I am delighted with mine! :)

:lol: I love that "oh crap" feeling that you get when something like this happens. Glad you could save it.

Okay.....they're unmolded, untrimmed, uncut, and unbeveled so they're very rustic right now (that will change) but here are my first three batches out of my new mold.

Here's the rose and lilac swirl....once I trim the ash you will be able to see more.

Rosesoap.jpg

Here's the lavender soap......I love how the FD&C blue made such a pretty purple color

Purplesoap.jpg

Oooooh la la!!! Looking great!

But I am a greedy one, still holding out for the cut pics, too. :lol: :lol: More, more, more.

Digit
*I love TOGs*

They're gonna be grrreat! Put some pics up when you get them all prettied up !!

Nice job. funny thing I bought some dye at joannes in Seattle when I was visiting and was going to make a baby blue soap, well, I kept adding and adding and I got a pretty violet color??? What the heck? I need baby blue, have a grandbaby coming. Any help would be great.

I like them all! Great job, great save too!...scary when the spoon stands up on its own, hehe. Been there, done that. Usually I HP when that happens. I would just put the pot into a 225 degree oven, with lid. Leave for 15 minutes, stir, then return to oven if not gelled. Keep doing this at 5 minute intervals, checking and stirring. It's always amazes me how it recovers the batch. But you did great!

I love the purple shade of the FD&C Blue in your soap. I can hardly wait to see them cut! :)

I need baby blue, have a grandbaby coming. Any help would be great.

The best blue I've used for staying true-blue in CP is Ultramarine Blue. I have the powdered kind and it's so versitile. I can get many different and beautiful shades of blue with it when mixed with varying amounts of either Titanium Dioxide powder, or activated charcoal. For instance, you can get a really beautiful baby blue color that sticks without morphing in CP by mixing just a little bit of UM Blue with a slightly larger amount of Titanium Dioxide, and a deep, midnight blue by mixing it with a just a touch of activated charcoal. HTH! :)

IrishLass

Back