First batch after 8 years not soaping.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy Lou

Reaction score
Made a week ago, the cut was after 2 days and still slightly orange, but has turned to tan at this point.. Did a zap test on one of the bars, no zap, but should check the others.. Bastile.. olive, coconut and castor, with honey, oat flour and canned gm.

Attachments

• Cut soap.jpg
    Cut soap.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 39
How did you go 8 years without making soap, and did you run out? My husband says we must have at least 10 years worth of soap in the guest bedroom 🤣! Welcome back! Lovely soap-
Thank you! Yeah, I know, lol.. Someone in my household at the time gave me grief about it after a while, so I stopped. Health has also improved and I have been getting the itch lately. I remember how mentally therapeutic it is also. I used to sell here and there, special gift baskets, and gifted to friends and family. Two years in a row at Christmas I gave my family soap and the second year made a HUGE basket.. I think I overdid it and I got the feeling that they had enough, haha. I showed some friends recently one of the bars from my recent batch, and one wanted to order a full 2 pound batch, as I said it should be mild enough for skin issues, but I said let's wait for them to try it first once it's fully cured, (reminding myself to be careful with claims, although I do think it will do well with her son's exzema) .. Exciting though!

Wow! 8 years??? I can't stand any of the "soaps" that sell commercially and am too cheap to spend money on real soaps that I can make. Plus I go nuts if I'm not trying out one recipe or another. You haven't lost your touch obviously. Welcome back to soaping

Back