First bars from my loaf mould

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladka

Reaction score
I unmoulded my yesterday soap and cut the loaf after 14 hrs of pouring. I identified the softness/hardness spot on, when I returned from my CT scanning; I took my old knife with a very thin blade and cut pluckily.

I used some of my new micas I've only used once or twice before. Trying to avoid too vivid or saturated colours I used less mica powder to obtain less vivid shades. But what I obtained is far from vivid, it is pale over some surfaces (the colours are more vivid in the picture than in real life).

The testing showed one side panel of the mould resists being removed. Here's hoping this will improve with use.

You might not had intended to make a delicate spring soap, but that is what you have and it is so pretty.

For umolding help, youcan leave it an extra day or you can add 1 tea PPO Sodium Lactate or even a tea salt to your lye water

I love the spring colors. It reminds me of Easter Baskets from my childhood...a long, long time ago! You may feel that they are pale but what I see is more perfect...just another P word

I unmoulded my yesterday soap and cut the loaf after 14 hrs of pouring. I identified the softness/hardness spot on, when I returned from my CT scanning; I took my old knife with a very thin blade and cut pluckily.

I used some of my new micas I've only used once or twice before. Trying to avoid too vivid or saturated colours I used less mica powder to obtain less vivid shades. But what I obtained is far from vivid, it is pale over some surfaces (the colours are more vivid in the picture than in real life).

The testing showed one side panel of the mould resists being removed. Here's hoping this will improve with use.
I Agree! These colors are warm and inviting! Reminiscent of Easter & Easter Egg Hunts! Keep up the great work! Blessings!

I Agree! These colors are warm and inviting! Reminiscent of Easter & Easter Egg Hunts! Keep up the great work! Blessings!
The point is we colour Easter eggs with vivid colours, and the colours in my soap are not reminiscent od Easter eggs at all for me :rolleyes:

Hi Ladka,
I like the soft colors, personally, and l think it good practice to begin by not using too much mica. However, soapmaking is a dance of experimentation, so now go ahead and make you next batch with more generous amounts and see how that looks. For me l like using my smaller loaf mould when l am testing things as it has a silicone liner which releases the loaf so easily. When l use my large mould l line it with parchment paper, but there are often tiny wrinkles from the paper. I wish l could find a large mould with a silicone liner. Carry on playing--these are gorgeous for a first loaf!

The point is we colour Easter eggs with vivid colours, and the colours in my soap are not reminiscent od Easter eggs at all for me :rolleyes:
The colors of today are much more vivid than they were in my childhood! I think I would have had to let the eggs sit in the dye all day to get the same colors...and I can guarantee that no child had that much patience! Let alone my mother who was a "get er done" lady. LOL

I'm glad you made another batch to your liking. Hope it comes out closer to your expectations. My soaps are mostly utilitarian, so I rarely use colors. I don't think I've ever had one that I've colored that I've gotten the right amount of mica...always too much or too little. There is such huge difference in what your mind says "should be" and what the soap ends up being. But then you get to try again to make another soap! A win-win situation.

Back