First attempt @ gradient soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzimm

Reaction score
First time trying to do a gradient soap. Gosh that's harder than I expected!
Of course I had to make it harder on myself by putting a DIY lace mat on the bottom and a black mica pencil line. Would have like the pencil line to be super straight, but the batter was pretty thick by then.
Tallow with lavender infused OO, Castor, CB, SB and CO. Lavender, tea tree oil EO's and smidgen of Amber FO.

image.jpg

Those are great! I love the dark pencil line between the two light layers - it really sets off the white on top.

wow that turned out nice!!
And a gradient is hard enough - but a lace pattern, a pencil line AND a gradient? Girl you crazy!! :)

That is some seriously beautiful soap! It looks amazing. I have got to try making a lace mat! It's seriously classy:)

I make great soap, and I have to be content with that, because whenever I attempt anything out of the ordinary, design-wise, it's just a disaster. Seeing your beautiful gradient, AND a pencil line, both done so beautifully, especially when I know how much planning and effort goes into it, makes me glad my soap is so nice, cause it's never gonna be THAT pretty! Nice job. :thumbup:
P.S. I like it better that the pencil line isn't straight. It would have been too many straight lines, if not. This is better.

What Krista said. Seriously, the first thing I thought was the crooked line makes the soap. I think the asymmetry adds to the appeal. I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much if everything was "perfect" and straight. Nothing in nature is straight; the lines are always broken. I find beauty in flaws and imperfections. I guess don't like things that are "perfect" because I am not. To me "perfect" is artificial, whereas flawed is natural. Anyway, that is seriously beautiful soap. Congratulations. Well done!

What Krista said. Seriously, the first thing I thought was the crooked line makes the soap. I think the asymmetry adds to the appeal. I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much if everything was "perfect" and straight. Nothing in nature is straight; the lines are always broken. I find beauty in flaws and imperfections. I guess don't like things that are "perfect" because I am not. To me "perfect" is artificial, whereas flawed is natural. Anyway, that is seriously beautiful soap. Congratulations. Well done!

You are absolutely right, of course! There's this piece of firewood sitting next to our fireplace that's so beautiful, none of us has had the heart to chunk it onto the fire. All squiggly lines of dark rotted wood layering in with the jagged stripes of brown and sienna and golden. I've wanted to put that into a soap, but just know as soon as I tryto imitate the randomness of it, I'd probably get ....a perfect pencil line! :roll:

Its beautiful! 3 different things going on but it all fits perfectly together.

Latest posts

Back