First attempt at CP cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They are still in the mold. Fragranced with chocolate and peppermint.

1436993897367.jpg

Oh my, what a shame, they were beautiful! Was your batter still cold when you piped it or had it warmed up? I had that happen once when i didnt soap cold enough, now i know to keep the ingrdients cold cold, like 60 degrees or less. Back then though i thought you just got a heavy trace and then piped. I feel your pain and remember the disapointment.

I've never had that happen to my CP cupcakes or any cp frosting for that matter. I just soaped at thick trace and did not insulate at all. In fact, I put some in the fridge. That helps!

You could try doing HP soap frosting from rebatching. I've done it before. Just wear thick gloves cause the soap has to be hoooot to pipe. Also, muffins would look good too!

If you whip a rebatch soap and add water and powdered milk you can get a creamier consistency that is easier to pipe.

The pic below was done w/ whipped hp soap

825027346.jpeg

Last edited:
I remade them on Thursday. I popped them in the freezer for 24 hours. I pulled them out yesterday....they started to overheat again! I used the same batter for the top and bottom....the only difference being the addition of cocoa powder the the bottom batter. The bottom seems to be whats overheating. I put them back in the freezer. I was blown away that they attempted to gel and overheat after 24 hours in the freezer.

Every soap I put in freezer reheats 24 hours later once pulling it out. I leave it in fridge another 6-8 hours to prevent this.

Freezer can slow saponification so much so, it really wasn't happening. Pulling it out to room temp speeds it back up and causes it to actually heat right back up. So if you throw it into the fridge after a day in the freezer, it will allow it to warm just slightly enough to finish off saponification, but not allow the temps to raise to the point it otherwise would in room temp conditions.

Ah I see. When I make soap cupcakes I make the base then wait until the next day to pipe. No I don't have any problem with the tops separating, you should be fine as long as you pipe within 2-3 days.

Back