First 3 color swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loran

Reaction score
First picture, the too short bars were done last Wednesday, other two Saturday night, our first try at a 3 color combination! We went with a Halloween themed soap for the holiday. We just poured down the center back and forth, the Halloween one did a circle motion up and down the mold. We’ve noticed something! Depending how thick your trace, and with how light/heavy you pour, it actually controls some of how your colors will mix! The pink purple and blue soap I mixed too much and it was pretty thick, couldn’t get much out of it, but Halloween was an outstanding trace and turned out good! Too much yellow at the bottom I was hoping the black got deeper, but it was an amazing learning curve! One of these days I’ll actually start watching YouTube videos(haven’t yet cuz I’ll just get mad at how awesome they are) and learn real techniques. Have any of you out there posted videos? I would love a link to see your work and get to know y’all much better. Happy soaping!!!

Attachments

• 2EF12998-C6E4-4B95-B40B-EAB527B256F0.jpeg
    2EF12998-C6E4-4B95-B40B-EAB527B256F0.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5234ABCA-22D6-417D-B166-4CE38413A638.jpeg
    5234ABCA-22D6-417D-B166-4CE38413A638.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 8D3112EF-EDC2-4E6C-B4F1-AA1F75B7A9CB.jpeg
    8D3112EF-EDC2-4E6C-B4F1-AA1F75B7A9CB.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 15
I swear I can see bats in the first one. Well done.

LOL -- me on YouTube?! Last night I was doing a reverse secret feather. My wife was holding the wire in place while I poured and with my wife in the way, many pours were awkward. I had drips all over the table and on the mold. I had also knocked over a cup with dispersed mica oil. The space and I were a mess and I thought, this is not how it looks on YouTube and thank god no one is filming me right now!

There's other threads discussing YouTube soapers. I love anything by Soaping 101, Soap Queen, and Holly Kapia Mera.

First picture, the too short bars were done last Wednesday, other two Saturday night, our first try at a 3 color combination! We went with a Halloween themed soap for the holiday. We just poured down the center back and forth, the Halloween one did a circle motion up and down the mold. We’ve noticed something! Depending how thick your trace, and with how light/heavy you pour, it actually controls some of how your colors will mix! The pink purple and blue soap I mixed too much and it was pretty thick, couldn’t get much out of it, but Halloween was an outstanding trace and turned out good! Too much yellow at the bottom I was hoping the black got deeper, but it was an amazing learning curve! One of these days I’ll actually start watching YouTube videos(haven’t yet cuz I’ll just get mad at how awesome they are) and learn real techniques. Have any of you out there posted videos? I would love a link to see your work and get to know y’all much better. Happy soaping!!!
Great job!

I swear I can see bats in the first one. Well done.

LOL -- me on YouTube?! Last night I was doing a reverse secret feather. My wife was holding the wire in place while I poured and with my wife in the way, many pours were awkward. I had drips all over the table and on the mold. I had also knocked over a cup with dispersed mica oil. The space and I were a mess and I thought, this is not how it looks on YouTube and thank god no one is filming me right now!

There's other threads discussing YouTube soapers. I love anything by Soaping 101, Soap Queen, and Holly Kapia Mera.
🤣🤣🤣 I would have liked to see a video of that! That’s good stuff right there! I’ll check out those recommendations thank you 😊
Great job!
Thanks! I just looked at you profile soap, those are remarkable! How is that even possible!

Latest posts

Back