Fire safety test and sooting behaviour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayr

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone could help. Do any candle makers out source the testing of their candles or do you do it yourselves? Does it meet the European standards of done in house? Bs en15493 and bs en15426 are the ones I mean

Hi just wondered if anyone could help. Do any candle makers out source the testing of their candles or do you do it yourselves? Does it meet the European standards of done in house? Bs en15493 and bs en15426 are the ones I mean
I'm not in the UK to tell you about European standards, but I do both. I test myself and once I feel they are ready, I have friends test them and give them a list of notes to comment on to send back to me so I can either put it to production or continue to remake until it's good.
I believe @LilyJo is in the UK and makes candles, and maybe she can come in and let you know about the EU Standards.

I'm not in the UK to tell you about European standards, but I do both. I test myself and once I feel they are ready, I have friends test them and give them a list of notes to comment on to send back to me so I can either put it to production or continue to remake until it's good.
I believe @LilyJo is in the UK and makes candles, and maybe she can come in and let you know about the EU Standards.
That's great thank you very much for the help I do test them just wondered if me doing them will meet the standards. Thanks again

Hi, I think the general approach is to test in house thoroughly and keep comprehensive records. As long as you test, comply with CLP requirements and have the correct insurance you should be OK.

Oh ok that makes sense thank you very much for the information it's a great help

Latest posts

Back