Finished Whipped Shea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Zen-
I think it's more than a few trys at least for me- but here's my lesson that I have learned in all of this butter business- as long as you like it and feel good about using it- then have at it! Even if I screw up a butter I know what is in it and that makes me feel like I'm doing my skin good- instead of paying way too much for a bunch of chemicals that make me itch! :D

Oh boy, you guys are surely making me nervous like heck with this whipped Shea business! :lol: I'm waiting on my first order of Shea butter and am soooo anxious to try after I've bought a few different 'kinds' (I myself love the slightly greasy/thick kind as I've got dry skin like the desert)....

I guess soon I'll be posting about my experience... :wink:

Really? That'd be so cool! Thanks for your encouragement!
I'll keep y'all updated! :wink:

ETA: I just 'heart'ed you on etsy! :D Darnit, I wish I had some $ and I would get some of your Shea right now! :D

And I see our girls are the same age too! :wink:

I gave up trying to make it whipped to perfection or at least something like it. So....instead I leave mine like butter it feels great and my feet feel and look good!

I've been wanting to try some Shea myself (alligator hands all through winter) but it is the money issue for me too. :(

But when I do get some, I will try to get it fluffy if I am able to.

Zenobiah said:
I've been wanting to try some Shea myself (alligator hands all through winter) but it is the money issue for me too. :(

But when I do get some, I will try to get it fluffy if I am able to.
Same here. The only reason I finally got some Shea was because I figured at the end it's technically cheaper than buying it from some one else.. (1# for 7$ vs. sometimes 4 oz already 8$) Of course that brings the risk that one can screw up their own batch of Shea.. but let's hope that won't be the case! :wink:

You can always remelt and rewhip! Like Pepper, I gave up on that whipped cream type- it's really annoying me to bad. It's hard though to get a nice smooth butter type and the benfits are great! You'll be fine- especially if you have ultra dry skin! Harder butter is probably better for you!

Latest posts

Back