Finger Foods

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We like to do a sort of mini-superbowl party for our kids. We've also been invited to a "game night" dinner, to which we have been asked to only bring finger foods. It made me wonder: what are your favorite finger foods or appetizers to make?

Little Phyllo cups with Brie and Raspberry Jam baked. Also, little smokie sausages in bbq sauce. Buffalo chicken dip and crackers. We do nights like that for dinner sometimes.

I have a Ruben dip my husband likes I can dig out the recipe when I get home. It goes great with rye chips or bagel chips.

pizza rolls are also a huge hit with my friends. Cheese curds are also popular in my area (between Wisconsin and Canada). Mini sliders are also great. Cheap sliders - ham and butter on a Hawaiian roll. More expensive - salami, pepperoni, provolone, dab of marinara, dinner rolls bake 350 for 20 min or so.

I make horseradish hors d'oeuvres that everyone seems to like. Mine are too spicy for kids but you can make it milder.

1 package cream cheese
1/2 bottle beaver hot horseradish
2 or 3 packages budding corned beef lunch meat. Regular beef is ok too.

Mix room temp cream cheese and horseradish together. Use horseradish to taste, it gets hotter the longer it sits. Make these the day before.

Take a couple pieces of lunch meat, still stacked together. Lay them on a cutting board or plate, coat with the cream cheese mix and roll up like a tiny jelly roll. refrigerate for a couple hours then slice the rolls into bit sized pieces.

Along with a plate of meat, cheese and crackers. i like summer sausage for the meat and ritz crackers. Offer a couple choices of cheese. You could toss some spicy pickled peppers on the plate too, pepperoncini are good, not too spicy.

Yes, I'm cheap lol. I also like 7 layer bean dip and ritz. You should be able to find a ton of recipes on google.

Obsidian, we don’t have beaver brand by us. I got Inglehoff horseradish sauce and I’ll just taste as I go. Is beaver a pure horseradish or a sauce blend?

my cream cheese should be softened now, hopefully I’ll have these roll ups as a snack tonight

Obsidian, we don’t have beaver brand by us. I got Inglehoff horseradish sauce and I’ll just taste as I go. Is beaver a pure horseradish or a sauce blend?

my cream cheese should be softened now, hopefully I’ll have these roll ups as a snack tonight

Beaver is pure horseradish. The sauce should work but I'd be afraid of the creamcheese mix being too runny by the time you add enough sauce to get any decent spiciness. You want a thick spread so it doesn't drip and the rolls stay together.

I put everything together after posting, it’s a “creamy horseradish,” thankfully it’s just enough extras to emulsify like a mayo without actual mayo ingredients.

2oz of this spread in 8oz of cream cheese any my tongue was burning. I got 11 rolls with this ratio, had I rationed I could have easily gotten 12. I chose to guesstimate amounts (prolly a tbsp per roll) and lick the bowl instead. It’s delicious.

I put everything together after posting, it’s a “creamy horseradish,” thankfully it’s just enough extras to emulsify like a mayo without actual mayo ingredients.

2oz of this spread in 8oz of cream cheese any my tongue was burning. I got 11 rolls with this ratio, had I rationed I could have easily gotten 12. I chose to guesstimate amounts (prolly a tbsp per roll) and lick the bowl instead. It’s delicious.

Glad to hear it worked out. You probably wouldn't like my original recipe, it would have been considerably hotter. The beaver horseradish comes in maybe a 4 oz jar and I always use half, sometimes all for one package of creamcheese.

They are very yummy little treats. I'll have to go to the store now so I can make some lol.

Very quick, very easy!
Meatballs in either marinara or bbq sauce ... set out individual "stabbers" next to the crockpot to make it finger food friendly.
Also, little smokies wrapped in bacon and baked with brown sugar until bacon is cooked.
Both items VERY popular with the men and kids in my family.

Whenever we have group shindigs, I always get repeated requests to bring these goodies:

-my fruit platter of various fresh fruits and berries in season with an accompanying homemade sweet dip. Sometimes I dip the strawberries in chocolate.
-my deviled eggs (they always go like hotcakes and lately I'm having to double and triple the amount that I bring)
-my Indian-style chip and dip made with the Kirtiraj-brand Jeera Papad from the Indian market and served alongside my homemade cilantro chutney.
-my homemade cinnamon kettle-corn

I'm happy to share the recipes of any of the above if you like.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back