Finding authentic N95 masks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could really use some help! My teen is experiencing true fear at school due to the number of covid cases. School has no plans of closing and letting this surge pass. The building is built with tons of windows that do NOT open, kids are coming to school telling her they're positive but parents send them anyway, kids are coughing in class. Her best friend developed asthma after covid, along with an eating disorder due to fear of choking and will be spending weeks in the hospital.

I've ordered what I though were NIOSH masks - they arrived and don't look the picture from the seller. There's no NIOSH number, no manufacturer. I'll deal with the seller. But for right now, I've got to get some N95 masks for this kid - or she's going to need treatment for an anxiety disorder!

Please, if you've recently ordered N95 NIOSH approved masks, will you share your source? TIA.

Might help if you mention which country you're in, since this is an international forum.

Babyshoes is from England, lenarenee is from America.

here (in Australia) we had some N95's ... I watched boxes of them get picked up by the double hand fold a couple of days ago.

Didn't buy them. Lost interest in the RAT tests (too hard to get) ... might keep going with the vaccines, but really. I think I'll ... whatever.

N95 is available here in CO at King Soopers, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Amazon. Shipping may take a week or more. My neighbor has 50 she ordered on line. She's dropping off a pkg of 10 for me later today. The Omicron variant is rampent here. My 56-year old son has it -- mild symptoms -- no temp, tired, stuffy nose and doing well otherwise. A friend's 2-year-old nephew and 5-year old niece has it too.

N95 is available here in CO at King Soopers, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Amazon. Shipping may take a week or more. My neighbor has 50 she ordered on line. She's dropping off a pkg of 10 for me later today. The Omicron variant is rampent here. My 56-year old son has it -- mild symptoms -- no temp, tired, stuffy nose and doing well otherwise. A friend's 2-year-old nephew and 5-year old niece has it too.

Very happy to hear he's doing well Zany.

Ace Hardware is a place I haven't checked - thanks. Amazon has some but delivery is 2 weeks out; other masks they have are ones I'm not sure are are trustworthy. Armbrust is sold out of most, but did get some surgical masks. We'll double up on her current masks if nothing else helps.

Her school just sent out notice that they'll be supplying N95 to teachers this week, and then to all students as soon supplies arrive. They have tests kits to test everyday, and will soon also have PCR tests. All free! I'm very glad she's part of this school as they're the only public school taking these kinds of precautions.
One neighbor just sent all three of his freshly positive sick kids back to their school last week - after buying test kits from us; no masks, and their school doesn't require them. They're down about 30 percent of students, and 12 percent of their staff.

I found them at Home Depot. The 3M ones are a little more expensive than some of the other, but it is a trusted brand.

Respirators - N95 - Project N95
https://shop.projectn95.org/respirators/n95?order=OrderByPriceASC (I haven't shopped them but they have a great reputation)

Wellbefore
N95 Masks For Sale
https://wellbefore.com/collections/niosh-n95/I have bought from them. They show their documentation, with links to the CDC pages showing certifications.

They are inexpensive and ship very quickly.

The masks have imprints with the certification #'s and the packaging does too.

Thank you so much Paradisi! Got some!! They're ugly, but they'll make her feel safer! (many are sold out)

Thank you so much Paradisi! Got some!! They're ugly, but they'll make her feel safer! (many are sold out)
You're very welcome! Hope you all stay safe.

The styles come and go there, but they do notify when ones you want come back in stock.

Back