Finally, some success!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your favourite?

• Cocoa & Karma

• Rich Dark Cocoa

• Confetti Forest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jess_

Reaction score
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who have helped on my recent posts. I learned so much and was able to put some tips and tricks to use and produce some nice bars of soaps! I was having issues with soda ash, glycerin rivers and stearic spots/patches (which are still there but no where near as bad).
So happy to finally share a success story here, would love to know what you all think of the soaps?. Keep in mind I’ve only been soaping since 02/09/19.
3568B953-ECCE-4AD3-8BF8-B460C1BCEDC6.jpeg
On the left is ‘Cocoa & Karma’ soap contains 10% cocoa butter and is scented with BB Karma. Middle one is ‘Rich Dark Cocoa’ again with 10% cocoa butter and scented with BB Rich Dark Chocolate. And on the right, ‘confetti forest’ no cocoa butter, scented with BB Woodland Elves.

I like rich dark chocolate but I also know that scent and like it a lot. It will discolor to a very dark brown in a week or so, pretty neat change to see.

So happy I found this forum, you are all so kind! Thank you :)
@Obsidian i did read that the rich dark choc FO causes some major discolouration, it was actually why I chose not to add any colourant. Can’t wait to see how it ends up looking!

@Jess_ mine turned very dark, like a dark chocolate candy bar and the scent sticks like crazy.
I have some two year old bars that still smell lovely.

An idea for working with a dark discoloring FO is to leave about 1/4 of the batch unscented, color it bright white and swirl that through the bar.
The dark will eventually bleed into the white blurring the swirls some but its still pretty nice looking.

leave about 1/4 of the batch unscented, color it bright white and swirl that through the bar.

that's what I did too and it was so fun to watch the swirls come, I didn't make my batter super white though so swirling was weird to do.
Very pretty soaps :) I am fond of confetti soaps and I really like yours

On the left is ‘Cocoa & Karma’ soap contains 10% cocoa butter and is scented with BB Karma. Middle one is ‘Rich Dark Cocoa’ again with 10% cocoa butter and scented with BB Rich Dark Chocolate. And on the right, ‘confetti forest’ no cocoa butter, scented with BB Woodland Elves.

Those are lovely. If you like chocolate, I would like to recommend BB’s Chocolate Espresso. I had a cocoa powder line, then add TD to a small amount and spoon on top, then sprinkle a little more cocoa powder and place 3 coffee beans on each slice. My one daughter, who doesn’t even like coffee LOVES this soap! The scent is just amazing and it lasts.

@TheGecko oooh your soap sounds fantastic! Curious though, does the cocoa powder do anything weird in soap or does it act like a mica? & thank you for telling me about that fragrance oil, will definitely check it out :)

@TheGecko oooh your soap sounds fantastic! Curious though, does the cocoa powder do anything weird in soap or does it act like a mica? & thank you for telling me about that fragrance oil, will definitely check it out :)

Nothing weird. And I make no claims to originality as I saw it on several videos...except for the coffee beans; the other soapers sprinkled coffee grounds on top or down the side.

Latest posts

Back