Finally, some liquid soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommysoaper

Reaction score
I've been fighting with my liquid soap and finally have some that I am fairly satisfied with, yay! I fragranced this batch with NG's Coconut Lime Verbana--which reminds me of the beach! Can't wait to use this stuff! Still has little tiny bubbles in it from being poured into the bottles, but they'll settle out.

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Well Done!! Liquid soap is becoming my holy grail. Must. Make. Some. But I can't buy KOH here for anything :sad:

I haven't delved into liquid soap yet... it intimidates me lol. Plus I haven't even tried HP soaping yet either.

me either Shannon, I'd love to try sometime though! These are really nice!

Mommysoaper, those are wonderful looking! Now I have a question: with your (or anyone else's experience) what have you found that makes it work the best? Any tips or tricks that you have found? Also what would you use this for? Dishes, hand soap or ??? I am trying to wrap my head around the liquid soap process and what I would use it for.

Mommysoaper, those are wonderful looking! Now I have a question: with your (or anyone else's experience) what have you found that makes it work the best? Any tips or tricks that you have found? Also what would you use this for? Dishes, hand soap or ??? I am trying to wrap my head around the liquid soap process and what I would use it for.

Clemmey- I plan to use the bottled soap for body wash but you can use it for handsoap too. I know of some people who use liquid soap for washing dishes and laundry too. I like it for body wash and hand soap. I thinned some down and put it into a foaming dispenser bottle and use it in the kitchen to wash our hands.

As for tips I guess it depends on what you want. I wanted clear, thick soap for a body wash and it took a while to figure that out. FOs and EOs can cloud soap as well as making soap with excess fatty acids. If you don't care if your soap is cloudy or not that makes things a bit easier and you could pretty much use any oil or butter to make your soap. I learned to keep my soap clear (at least for me) I have to either sequester the soap for awhile after adding the fragrance or use a little bit of an emulsifier to clear up the soap and then thicken the soap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back