FINALLY...Salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anhoki

Reaction score
OK.....after HOW long?? I made my salt bars a few minutes ago. VERY plain...but hey. Oils are coconut, canola, castor, avocado, sweet almond, safflower, and veggie soy wax at 5%. I used mostly coconut milk for the lye solution and added the rest as water. Took out 1.5 oz for the witch hazel. I had planned on added 3 oz but got carried away. I ground up 8 oz of oatmeal and added it to the 32 oz of salt and then blended in the witch hazel and High Voltage scent. I blended my oils and solution to a nice medium trace and held my breath. High Voltage always moves on me. I was able to play with it for some time. I didn't really want chocolate looking soap but that is what you get with slate and tibetan ochre mica. It smells devine and is gellin' in the oven.

2870695531_b29e73f868.jpg

It looks like they will be lovely!

Salt bars are my absolute favorite soaps to use.

I'm proud of these. It's super humid in the house and they haven't sweat and are rock solid this morning. I cut them about 6 hours after I started and stamped right then.
2871110597_c67e6c9e18.jpg

:D

Awesome looking bar (like you could really make any other kind!! :lol: ) and love the stamp!!

Digit

Back