Finally posting some pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unmouton

Reaction score
So my digital camera broke a few months before I joined this forum. I've been putting off posting pictures, but I finally took some on my phone (which has decent camera, not great though). You guys probably all thought I was on here just to socialize, and didn't really make soap at all!

These probably aren't my most impressive, but I've been working on projects for mother's day and such, hence on the milky way molds. I haven't had much time to do bar soaps... and some of these are weird looking because they were purely experimental!

My coffee kitchen soap, with a typical wrapping I use when I sell/give to family. Scented with lavender and lemon, removes every vile odor you can possibly think of from your hands:

1238335655240.jpg

Rosehip and jasmine, the color turned orange! It was supposed to be pink! For my mom(s) meaning mine and my boyfriends, for mother's day. I hope they'll forgive me for the color!

1238335789744.jpg

My pringle's can soaps. The green and white is juniper sage, which has calmed down to a lovely smell. The beige one is a lavender, bergamot, and oatmeal bar, with some coconut milk.

1238335934724.jpg

Also for mom's day, sweet orange EO and plumeria FO, in hot pink. Had some trouble getting these buggers out of the molds. I am going to try again tomorrow evening! I think I was too impatient and unmolded them too early.

1238335822887.jpg

More sweet orange and plumeria, and the green is moroccan mint. I would like to make a log mold of the moroccan mint with some spearmint I have stewing in some olive oil. :D

1238336157372.jpg

Lemon, milk, and honey bars. The lemon is EO. I chopped some of the first bars (yellow) and played with them in a second batch of the same. I know the resulting bar makes no sense considering the ingredients, I just love the color hot pink in case you can't tell!

1238335972476.jpg

Thats all. More coming soon... I get in my new WSP FOs tomorrow! I also have some cranberry and apricot seeds to play with, as well as lavender buds. Haven't gotten around to it just yet. Tonight its lotion making, though! Got in some Rose EO that costed a fortune, so that lotion will be just for me. 8)

Those look wonderful. Cant complain about anything there.

The one you said should be pink looks pink in the photo.

Thanks everyone!

I do CP pretty much exclusively, and so thats what I used for my molds. Greased with mineral oil, and with a hard soap recipe. The one with a few ugly spots was one I made with a softer soap recipe- i think that's what caused probs with the release!

Really lovely soaps.....truly gorgeous! You are very clever and thanks for the pics (love pics :wink: ). The pretty peachy pink mothers day soaps are a lovely shade - did you have a yellowish oil base to work with? That could add a peach tone....they are very pretty anyway and I am sure the Mom(s) will love them!

Tanya :)

x

very pretty soaps! LOVE the choice of molds-they're so nostalgic and feminine.

you should be very proud of yourself, they are lovely, and i'll bet they smell sooo good! anyone fortunate enough to get a bar from you should count themselves lucky!

good job, congrats! :D

monet

Thank you so much for your compliments. Well I realize no one on here would say anything mean, its still scary posting photos!

Topcat- my base in the rosehip jasmine contained 35% olive oil which caused a yellowish tint. That was the culprit!

Heartsong - this is off topic but thank you for your lotion help. With your tips, I've made some fantastic lotions! Now they just need to stand the test of time... :D

Those are all wonderful and I love your method of dealing with the molds with mineral oil.

Thanks for sharing these with us and your mothers both should be thrilled to get such wonderful soaps....

Those are beautiful! How do you insulate your CP soaps when you pour them in molds like that? Every time I've tried to use individual molds with CP they get super ashy. I always thought it was maybe because they didn't stay warm or something. I haven't been able to get it to work.

Those are gorgeous! I love the paper tied with string - very boho!

Thanks Lindy, Andreabadgley, and Deda!

I don't even insulate my molds! I don't know if its the atmospheric conditions where I live or something, but I can't STOP gel! I've even put my molds in the freezer for over 24 hours to stop gel, and a day after I took them out, they gelled. :?

I will say that my molds that I bought from Brambleberry's "heavy duty molds" section are a thick white plastic that give great release and seem to hold in heat to encourage gel. I lay them on my running (and therefore hot) clothes dryer and lay a winter blanket over them; it helps!

Love em

That coffee kitchen soap looks like it would taste sooo good. Love all you soapies.
shutejute

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!! I love the moulds as well. I am stuck with bakeware for moulds until I can get to my soapers warehouse next week...until then I have rose shaped, heart shaped and cupcake shaped soaps! :)

Latest posts

Back