FINALLY! New soaps-AKA what I've been up to while I was MIA!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Outlaws

Reaction score
I was away from SMF for a while.. lots going on around here, including a 2 year old son with a broken arm (which is thankfully finished and healed and cast-free now!)..

I finally got to do some soaping, and I took some of my latest creations to the studio this week.

First, this is part of my Local Soaps Project - I promised pics of this one, it's my Cabernet Wine Soap with an intense wine reduction for the swirl.

m189502524.jpg

Next is a Black Raspberry Vanilla scented "Woolie Bar" - which is basically a bastille with a very high lanolin content added, intended for washing wool (diaper covers and soakers, mainly).

m189502519.jpg

This one is a rebatch of sorts.. all the shreds and trimmings and bevelings, plus grated up "ugly bars" in a basic soap batter.. this one is Medina Orchard Apple (Local Soaps). Used unfiltered cider for the solution, which caused the dark rusty red color.

m189502530.jpg

Another rebatch of shreds.. mostly the same shreds but a different base (no fruit juice).. This one is Cashmere-Pepperberry.

m189502560.jpg

This one was a custom order for a customer - an extra superfatted castille in Monkey Farts scent, no color or additives (sensitive skin).

m189502540.jpg

And finally, one of my recent favorites - a beer soap (Bud Light) scented with Leather and Kudzu. The berry-ish Kudzu really tames down that "saddle shop" scent of the Leather. Love it, can't wait until it hardens up enough to use!

m189502517.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :)

Oh my gosh, those are just gorgeous ,the wine reduction is very cool, well they all are , but that's my favorite..

Kitn

Wow, awesome soaps *hats off* The alcoholic ones look the best. What do you mean by 'intense wine reduction for the swirl'?

x

:D :D :D :D

great job! love the wine reduction, and the "woolie"-they qall have theirs own individual charachter. and who wouldn't ant a soap that matched their cowboy boots! LOL!

great pic's too! and all with a broken arm-what a trooper! :shock:

monet

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock:

They are beautful! All of them! What great ideas, every one! I LOVE your photography! Way to go!

So happy to hear your 2-year old is cast free! That must have been horrible :cry:

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with them :) New shapes and stuff thrill me!

The woolie one and the others with that shape are from where I finally broke out the vinyl downspouting (hubby calls it "drainpipe soap" LOL) and I love the shape of them.. I just wish they unmolded easier hehe

The intense wine reduction is 2/3 or 3/4 of a bottle of Cabernet that I simmered for a long time until it reduced to only 2TBS of a thick syrupy liquid. That 2TBS was so potent that when I added it to the swirl it turned almost black (thankfully that lightened up!) because all of the pigment from almost a full bottle of wine was in the tiny amount of syrup.

It has been really stressful with the broken arm, but moreso for me than for him LOL - kids adapt so well it amazes me - but we're all thrilled to be done with that!

I like the stamp too, I saw it in the 1.00 bin at Michael's and had to grab it :lol: and it ended up being perfect for those! I got matching ribbon for packaging it up too!

love that stamp, never done that, do you stamp after its cut and cured how long?

Absolutely fantastic! I love those stamps as well - with them being rubber stamps are you applying a color and then stamping like you would with ink or are they actually pressed into the soap? I would never, ever have thought of rubber stamps - thank you for sharing that idea.

Okay back to the soaps - absolutely fantastic and the photography is wow!

Welcome back lady - you've been missed and I'm glad your son is feeling better!

The stamp is just a basic rubber stamp. I brush the raised parts with mica (if I just dipped it, it was too inconsistent/clumpy) and pressed it into the cut bars almost immediately after cutting. The mica acts like flour on a cookie cutter - keeps the soap from sticking. I do press enough to actually indent, not just leave the mica on top.

I did try one batch the day after cutting and it didn't imprint as well, but wasn't too bad. I found that doing it the same day, even as soon as right afterward, works the best. :)

(And thank you Lindy, I missed you guys too!!)

It's fruity.. reminds me of bubblegum, pineapple, banana, and apple... maybe some coconut.

Supposedly all the things that monkeys eat. LOL

oh, l love all your soaps and your photography is awesome, l especially love the last photo with the boot!

Latest posts

Back